Nimble Giant Mexico Mexico
3 weeks ago
Nimble Giant Entertainment is looking for a full-time Lead Game Programmer
Our Strategy and Simulation team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Lead Programmer to join us.
The main purpose of this role is the oversight and leadership of an engineering team/s within our Strategy games pipeline and its current project. They are responsible for ensuring that the development processes are according to the levels of quality required by the project and its stakeholders or clients.
Additionally they are required to coordinate with other departments leads and managers creating collaborative work environments that may benefit the production workflow.
Finally, Lead programmers are expected to advocate for the needs of the engineering team and to guide and mentor more junior members of the team so they may grow and eventually take on more responsibilities in the future.
• Lead the team and build collaborative relationships with team members and... customers.
• Work along with production, engineering managers and other leads.
• Mentor other engineers in coding, system development, and time management.
• Take leading responsibility for work delivered by the team to ensure the expected quality standards.
• Active participation in code reviews with a perspective of balancing needs and priorities vs design and architecture concerns.
• Define solution options, and provide high-level estimates on effort, risk, and technical feasibility.
• Review your team’s technical designs, code, and tests. Giving support and feedback when needed.
• Develop, code/configure, and test features and systems according to project requirements.
• Guide promote and review technical documentation for the project.
• Applies and promotes best practices in development, all the while following the standardized coding conventions.
• Keep up to date with current technologies, engines, tools, design and project management philosophies.
• Serve as an active member of Nimble Giant helping to improve our engineering teams and foster collaboration amongst all departments.
• 6+ years of professional experience in the game industry as a software engineer, with deep practical knowledge in game engine and systems development using C/C++.
• Worked on every stage of game development, from preproduction to launch with at least one game title shipped.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills with the utilization of solid software engineering practices.
• Extensive experience developing and testing in multiple environments (dev, prod and live).
• Experience developing games for PC and other platforms.
• Experience with Programming languages such as C#, C++, as well as Python.
• Experience achieving Performance and memory optimizations.
• Ability to collaborate with different projects departments (design, QA, etc) understanding their relation to the engineering workflows.
• Excellent time management and focus; Balancing both implementation and leadership responsibilities in a 30-70 ratio.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Someone who can work independently as well as collaboratively and is an autonomous learner.
• Familiarity with and understanding of agile software development methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• 2+ years of professional experience as the lead or manager of a software engineering team of 5 or more members.
• Experience and passion for strategy, simulation and/or management games.
• Experience working on a cross-platform game title.
• Experience shipping on multiple platforms (PC, Consoles, etc.).
• Large scale experience in game development.
• Knowledge and experience with multiple different game development engines including commercial engines and homebrew c++ engines.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or other related disciplines.
• Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish, both verbally and in writing.
• Basic understanding of game design principles to facilitate collaboration and communication with the department.
WHAT WE OFFER
Excellence is one of our core drivers. Not only in the products we deliver, but also in the way we do things.
In order to be on top of the game, we always encourage our employees to keep updating and deepening their know how.
We aim to always work in a fun and relaxed environment.
Working remotely is an option.
Inclusion and Diversity
We want a diverse talent team and would like to encourage ethnicities, gender, age, and disabilities communities with a strong interest in developing themselves in the videogame industry to join us.
We are Nimble Giant, a game development studio founded in 2002 in Argentina. With offices in Perú, Chile and Uruguay, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading developers of PC and console games studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League.
In 2020 we merged with Embracer Group. With its head office based in Karlstad, Sweden, Embracer Group has a global presence through its ten operative groups: THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Coffee Stain, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive, DECA Games, Gearbox Entertainment, Easybrain, Asmodee, and Dark Horse.We are certified as one of the best companies to work for by Great Place to Work®.
Check our latest news! @nimblegiantentertainment
Lead Game Programmer (Strategy) Mexico jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.