DNV GL Madrid Spain
3 weeks ago
Local Unit & Position Description
The Accountant will contribute, drive and support the implementation of the Supply Chain & Product Assurance (SCPA) strategy. You will act as a business partner for the Finance Director and Global Controllers to drive growth, operational excellence and financial objectives. You will be responsible for setting up the correct structure for the global units and for the timely management of projects, cost centres and cost allocation models. You will assist the team with the target setting, forecasting and monthly reporting process for Supply Chain & Product Assurance, within the requirements provided by DNV Group.
As an Accountant, you will have the opportunity to play a fundamental role as the common link between activities and functions in Supply Chain & Product Assurance. With the support of the Finance Director and global team, you will manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and continuously strive to improve processes and performance... In addition to the above, you have a strong interest in working in an international work environment and in working with others. You will be working in an environment with mature services as well as with services in the start-up / scale-up phase.
The Accountant will report to the Finance Director and be based in Madrid, Spain or Barendrecht, Netherlands or Gdynia, Poland.
Tasks may include:
• Ensure that DNV Group and Supply Chain & Product Assurance governance principles regarding financial management are applied and implemented.
• Support the Finance Director, Global Controllers and Global Compliance Units in setting up projects, cost centres and cost allocation models to ensure the correct flow of information throughout the organization. Follow up on global unit’s timecard compliance and correct bookings.
• Take ownership of the business area cost centre structure (and re-organization tools), working with the global and regional counterparts to enact changes.
• Manage Oracle and Basware (payments) for the global units, ensuring that invoices are paid on time.
• Assist with the management of the global unit budgets (analysis, as well as stakeholder management)
• Support the global finance team with the monthly/quarterly reporting process and addressing regional finance questions and concerns.
• Analyse performance across dimensions (e.g. countries, regions, service lines, projects) and initiate and follow-up on the implementation of corrective actions wherever necessary.
• Ensure adequate quality of operational and financial information for decision making.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance or accountancy
• Relevant business experience:
• 4-8 years of experience as an Accountant, Analyst or Controller
• Very high degree of comfort and ability with Microsoft Excel (analysing data and drawing conclusions)
• Knowledge of (or interest in learning) DNV financial systems (Oracle, Basware, OnGuard, Team, Agresso, OneStream, NGPS Oracle suite)
• Experience in finance process, system improvement and project management
• Experience in a start-up / scale up is an advantage
• Adequate understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and financial concepts
• Proactive, analytical, detailed, organized and have a passion for numbers
• Solution oriented mind-set combined with a pragmatic approach
• Ability to deal with conflict management and have courage in decision making. Comfortable dealing with many stakeholders in an international organization
• Has strong foresight and is future driven
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong commercial mindset and business acumen
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency whilst meeting deadlines
• Ability to cope with a dynamic and changing environment
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within Supply Chain & Product Assurance, Business Assurance, DNV Group functions and GSS
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills is a must. Your direct manager, team and company converse and write in English
• Strong drive with a hands-on, structured and result oriented working style
• A self-driven, service-minded approach when delivering value to stakeholders
• Proactive and forward leaning
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
• Ability to manage and drive projects with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world’s leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company’s management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.