Be Heard Therapy & Supports
Be Heard Therapy & Supports Melbourne VIC Australia
1 week ago
Be Heard offers mobile services within family’s homes or education settings, there is flexibility for you to set your own max travel time.
Level of Seniority:
Entry level - no completed qualifications required
Ideal experience for allied health and education students
About Be Heard:
Be Heard Therapy & Supports offers a range of services and resources for families and children to assist with their goals, therapy, life skills, independence and community engagement.
We strive to always actively listen and value every communication mode, encourage everyone to learn and grow, individualise, support and care about each family and child. We value every individual that becomes a part of the Be Heard team, we want you to dream big and we want to help you reach those dreams!
Rhyannon, the Founder and Director of Be Heard Therapy & Supports will be your primary contact and there to guide you in your role. She strives to create a workplace where each... team member’s ideas are valued, you will be encouraged to be creative and share your thoughts and ideas and she will work with you to bring those ideas to life wherever possible. At Be Heard we want you to be your beautiful unique self and let yourself shine bright!
• Fantastic culture with strong core values
• Flexibility – you set the days and times you are available
• Professional development opportunities
• A safe and supportive environment
• A space where you can share your ideas and be heard
• Opportunities for growth
• Competitive pay
• Leaders who care about who you are as a person, your career goals and your ideas
You will be working directly with families and children with a diverse range of needs to assist with implementation of life, therapy and education goals through a play based and strengths focused approach and/or provide support work and in-home respite for families. This can take place in family’s homes or within education settings or the community, it can involve supporting children to engage in activities, or making sure they are safe and cared for while the family takes some time for themselves.
You will spend time building strong positive relationships with both the child and their family, getting to know the child’s interests, strengths and communication mode to individualise support and create an environment where they feel safe to be themselves.
You will work collaboratively with the child’s family, therapy and education team to bring a wide range of goals into your sessions with clients.
Whilst you will primarily be working independently with your clients, we value creating a team environment at Be Heard, so that you always feel supported and surrounded by others cheering you on to be your best!
Essential knowledge and skills you will have:
• Valid Driver’s Licence and use of own vehicle is ideal to allow access to a wider range of areas to support clients
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Utmost authenticity and integrity in providing quality care
• A passion for making a difference in the lives of others and helping people
• Respectful and empathetic
• Organised, with excellent time management skills
• Self-motivated and driven to succeed
• A passion for learning and continuous personal and professional improvement
• Ability to use word, excel and google drive but not necessary, and can be taught on the job
• Working with Children Check - Employee
• NDIS Worker Screening Check ( includes current Police Check) or be willing to obtain one
• Up to date CPR, First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Allergy Training or be willing to complete
Desirable knowledge and skills that would be very beneficial but that you can learn along the way:
• Understanding of ways to support learning needs
• Sensory regulation
• Emotional regulation
• Experience planning activities to support therapy goals
• Experience working with or shadowing allied health professionals or educators
If this absolutely sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please do not hesitate to apply today by sending us your cover letter and CV
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Support Worker Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.