Welland Museum Welland Canada
4 months ago
The Welland Museum is committed to providing outstanding engaging and educational experiences for everyone. We are inclusive, creative, and engaging.
Our work environment includes:
• Modern office setting
• Casual work attire
• On-the-job training
• Researches, compiles information and prepares educational packages related to Indigenizing education for local schools
• Researches, plans and delivers adult/senior education programs and outreach programs reflecting Indigenous culture
• Assists with the planning and delivery of special events/activities, particularly related to the 100th Anniversary Celebrations
• Assists in the development and administration of the education and programming budget
• Front-line duties and reception such as processing gift shop and membership sales and answering phones for general questions
• Other duties as assigned
This position is a summer student position. The successful candidate will be developing
and delivering... programs and educational resources programs throughout the summer season. Duties may include assisting with social media, summer camps, volunteer support, setting up/taking down or moving exhibit(s), programming, and other duties.
To be eligible for employment the individual must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
• self-identify as a First Nations, Métis, or Inuit person
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $17.50 per hour
• Casual dress
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• Will you be returning to school in the fall?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-12
Expected start date: 2023-07-04
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.