TD New York NY United States
4 months ago
TD Securities offers a wide range of capital markets products and services to corporate, government, and institutional clients who choose us for our innovation, execution, and experience
With more than 6,500 professionals operating out of 40 cities across the globe, we help clients meet their needs today and prepare for tomorrow. Our services include underwriting and distributing new issues, providing trusted advice and industry-leading insight, extending access to global markets, and delivering integrated transaction banking solutions. In 2023, we acquired Cowen Inc., offering our clients access to a premier U.S. equities business and highly-diverse equity research franchise, while growing our strong, diversified investment bank.
We are growth-oriented, people-focused, and community-minded. As a team, we work to deliver value for our clients every day. www.td.com
TD Securities Corporate and Investment Banking provides a full range of financial advisory and capital-raising services to corporate and institutional clients. Our relationship managers work closely with clients to understand their needs and bring them unique solutions to complex issues. The department is organized into areas of expertise by industry, product, and region.
The Business Management team within Corporate and Investment Banking is responsible for providing ongoing operational and strategic support, as well as supervisory oversight to relationship managers and senior executives within the department to ensure their focus remains on providing optimal client coverage.
The investment banking environment is demanding and requires a self-starting, efficient person, who works extremely well in a team, can manage multiple priorities at the same time, and thrives in a fast-paced and often intense culture.
The team works extensively with numerous TD Securities and TD Bank Group support functions to advance the needs of the business and assist with numerous firm and bank-wide initiatives.
In this role, you manage a variety of programs to support leadership in the overall management of the business. Specifically, the role will require you to:
• Support the integration of TD Cowen, which became an affiliate of TD Securities as of March 1, 2023. This will include facilitating the alignment of strategy and governance for product teams, coverage bankers, and Credit Management. You will be expected to assist with the rollout of a joint CRM system, provide effective oversight and supervision, and address market data needs, external vendor onboarding, and other integration-related work as needed.
• Understand the three lines of defense model, be familiar with the relevant regulatory landscape.
• Advocate for the department on internal and external committees.
• Support reputational risk and new product initiatives, supervisory reporting, and employee recruitment and development.
• Work seamlessly with front line professionals and partner functions such as Compliance, Technology, Finance, Human Resources, and Legal to facilitate operations and manage the key risks of the business.
• Conduct value-added business analysis and recommend sound business decisions and solutions.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the US market and CIB's strategy in it.
• Promote a culture of compliance, good governance, and respect for the bank’s risk appetite.
• BS, BA, or MBA
• FINRA Series 79 license (or commitment to obtain within six months)
• Minimum five years of experience in Compliance, Audit, Risk, Operations, or a related field within financial services
• Understand CIB's business strategy in the US and its key risks, including: underwriting, credit, regulatory, conduct, reputational, and operational risks
• Credibility with front office and senior management
• Demonstrated ability to take a risk-based approach to decision making
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Ability to communicate simply, directly, and succinctly
• Value ownership and accountability
• Value attention to detail
• Be able to effectively facilitate meetings
• Have a data-driven mindset. Experience with Python, Tableau, Alterix, or Salesforce is a plus
• Enjoy working in a collaborative environment where priorities often shift quickly
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at [email protected] . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
New York NY USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.