Piedmont Medical Center
Piedmont Medical Center Rock Hill SC United States
3 weeks ago
Medical Laboratory Technician Full Time Days Position Summary
• Medical Technologist perform various tests to analyze the blood, body fluids and tissues as ordered by Healthcare personnel.
• Under the general supervision of departmental section supervisors, precisely and accurately, orders, performs and evaluates technical procedures in the different subsections of the clinical laboratory... department.
• Receives, processes, and distributes specimens appropriately and in a timely manner.
• CLS properly stores specimens for further testing, as needed.
• Assists with the training of new employees and students.
• Maintains equipment and supply inventory.
• Adheres to laboratory and hospital policies (i.e. attendance, continuing education, dress code, infection control, and patient confidentiality) and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge and practices current regulatory guidelines.
• Prepares and participates in processes relating to regulatory agencies such as Joint Commission, CAP and AABB. Follows best practice for infection control in accordance with hospital and regulatory guidelines.
• Follows best practice for infection control in accordance with hospital and regulatory guidelines.
• Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
THE MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN FULL TIME DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree or equivalent experience; graduate of accredited school of medical laboratory technicians or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Required: 0 - 2 years as a medical laboratory technician. 1 to 2 years of job-related experience is preferred.
Required Certifications/Registrations/Licenses: Required: The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489, Jan. 24, 2003). Required: Registered or Registry-eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, AMT or equivalent) within one year of hire. Licensure, as required by State law.
Rock Hill SC USA
Jobs in Rock Hill SC United States
Medical Laboratory Technician Full Time Days Rock Hill jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.