Chubb INA Holdings Inc.
Chubb INA Holdings Inc. Detroit MI United States
4 weeks ago
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Commercial Insurance is looking for an applicant to fill the position of Excess Casualty Underwriter. This underwriter would be responsible for underwriting an assigned book of up to $5m in premium across our Excess and Umbrella portfolio servicing agents & brokers in our Grand Rapids and Troy branches.
Commercial Insurance writes customers with revenues up to $1B, including both guaranteed cost and loss sensitive program structures. This underwriter will be charged with directly underwriting and growing a book consisting mainly of Manufacturing, Professional Services, Cultural Institution, Real Estate and Wholesale business. The position be charged with marketing to their assigned agency/broker plant to bring in opportunities and will work closely with the respective CI Manager’s, Industry Segment Territory Underwriting Managers and home office to position this portfolio within Commercial Insurance for growth and profit.
This position will report directly to the Commercial Insurance Manager in Troy, MI.
The Production Underwriter will:
• Establish relationships with key trading partners and drive submission activity across assigned Agents & Brokers in our desired industry segments.
• Be responsible for profit, growth and retention of assigned book.
• Meet or exceed new business production goals while maintaining profitability across assigned portfolio and adhering to authority and strategies.
• Exceed customer retention goals
• Maintain and develop relationships with the branch, our brokers and clients.
• Develop a prospect pipeline with our major trading partners, as well as engaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of underwriting experience preferably in an excess/umbrella capacity
• Confidence to gain a marketplace presence and become a trusted advisor for assigned agents/brokers.
• Presentation and public speaking skills
• Strong negotiations skills
• Local broker and insurance marketplace relationships
• Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
• Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
• Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, terms and conditions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliationagainst any individual who reports discrimination or harassment
Detroit MI USA (+1 other)
Jobs in Detroit MI United States
Senior Underwriter, Excess Casualty Detroit jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.