Nyrstar Port Pirie SA Australia
2 weeks ago
Job Posting Date: 05-May-2023
Port Pirie, AU
Who We Are
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
Overview Of The Role
An exciting opportunity is now open for a Senior Metallurgist – Operations to join the Technology department at our Port Pirie Smelter in Australia.
The Senior Metallurgist – Operations provides... technical advice and consultative services to the Manager and Superintendents for operations site-wide. The incumbent also identifies areas of technical improvements and provides solutions to processing/metallurgical problems within the plant and for projects.
This also includes providing leadership and technical expertise to the technical and operational teams, focusing on executing identified projects to meet both short and long-term goals. The Senior Metallurgist is responsible for ensuring the process is stable and continually optimised or improved to extract the highest sustainable financial return from the process in the safest, most environmentally responsible way.
Furthermore, the incumbent must have an overall business view that gives the best financial result for the business and is aware of the impacts, both up and down stream of their process.
Reporting to the Principal Metallurgist - Operations, this is a residentially based role, only a short 2.5-hour drive from Adelaide, operating on a Monday-Friday roster. Relocation assistance will be provided to the successful candidate, if required. If you’re ready to take on a challenging role and make significant impact to production in 2023 and beyond, you may be the person we are looking for!
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership and technical expertise to ensure continued ramp up and stable productivity
• Early identification of process issues and finding and implementing suitable solutions
• Mentor metallurgists and assist in the gaining of process knowledge within the technical team, plant and broader site
• Use data to promote value-add decision making
• Drive plant improvements to increase performance and influence/impact change in other functions
Qualifications/Experience & Abilities:
• Formal graduate technical qualifications in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or similar is essential
• 5+ years’ experience in a plant based Chemical Engineering/Metallurgy role or similar
• Experience in the mining/resources industry or acid production facilities is highly regarded
• Superior skill with Microsoft Excel is essential
• Experience in SAP is desirable
What does working for Nyrstar mean?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focussed on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
What we offer:
• 5 weeks annual leave
• Competitive salary
• Subsidised health membership
• Relocation support
• Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
• Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
• Novated car leasing option
• Study leave assistance
• Employee Referral Program
• Employee Assistance Program
Port Pirie Regional Council: Tourism | Port Pirie Regional Council
Click Apply to submit your cover letter and resume.
Please note you must have unrestricted valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.
Port Pirie SA Australia
Jobs in Port Pirie SA Australia
Senior Metallurgist - Operations Port Pirie SA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.