usagov Washington DC United States
1 month ago
You will serve as a NAVAL ARCHITECT in the Submarine/Submersible Design and Systems Engineering Group (05U), Naval Systems Engineering Directorate (SEA 05) of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT...
This job is open to
• Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL) Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
• Land & base management Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
• Military spouses
• Special authorities Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
• Federal employees - Competitive service Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Clarification from the agency
Current permanent employees, Former permanent federal employees, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles, VEOA eligibles, and 30% disabled veterans.
• You will lead a team providing direct systems integration, design and engineering support.
• You will serve as a National-level senior technical expert who directs the application of submarine and submarine systems design practices on major new and emerging U.S. Navy Shipbuilding programs and major modernizations.
• You will apply advanced knowledge of Submarines, Submersibles, Submarine Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical Systems, Propulsion and Weapons Systems and related
Requirements and Systems.
• You will keep abreast of latest engineering technological advances and state of the art applications pertinent to the development of new products or theories within various engineering fields: aerospace, electrical, electronics, and mechanics.
• You will serve as the principal technical authority representative to programs assigned, executes technical authority delegated by the Navy Chief Engineer (NAVSEA 05).
• You will serve as principal liaison to Deputy Warranting Officer, Submarine/Submersible Design and Systems Engineering (NAVSEA 05U).
Conditions of Employment
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
• Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
• New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
• Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
• You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
• Males born after must be registered for Selective Service.
• This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition
and category assigned to the position is required within established category time frames.
• Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test.
You will be subject to random testing.
• This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower pay band NH-03, (GS-13 equivalent) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector as a Professional Engineer managing the execution of submarine/submersibles system design projects to support shipbuilding or modernization program.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
https://(Use the "Apply for this Job" box below). AND https://-positions
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following basic education requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
Qualifications Standards Manual:
Successful completion of a professional engineering degree. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or…
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
Naval Architect Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.