Block Sydney NSW Australia
3 weeks ago
We are looking for a motivated Finance Manager - Australia to join our growing team at Block in Melbourne.
Growing your career as a Full Time Finance Manager - Australia is a terrific opportunity to develop productive skills.
If you are strong in adaptability, decision-making and have the right mindset for the job, then apply for the position of Finance Manager - Australia at Block today!
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to... see them all. Bring yours to Block. Job Description
This role is responsible for managing the Afterpay (APT) month end, quarter end and year end for the APT results reporting under US GAAP and IFRS.
• Manage and assist in leading the ANZ APT group month end, quarter end and year end close process
• Manage complex and material accounting areas; marketing, processing costs
• Assist in journal entry and reconciliation review for various accounts prepared by the team, may have instances for complex accounts on preparation requirements
• Lead the local A-IFRS consolidation and local statutory audits
• Lead the implementation and enhancement of SOX internal controls
• Partner with the Technical accounting team to lead and operationalise new and enhancements to product offerings.
• Partner with global accounting regional leads to implement globally consistent accounting treatment and practices
• Ad hoc finance projects
• Partner with Finance & Strategy and Finance Business Partners for the month end, quarter end and year end review
• Deliver best practice workpapers, review and documentation
• Working closely with the product team for continuous new initiatives and products to ensure appropriate finance operation, compliance and accounting consideration
• Work with the Block corporate accounting and Afterpay regional accounting teams to identify and drive process improvement opportunities to create operational efficiencies
• Manage key financial communications associated with business project work and initiatives
• Adopt and drive consistent group processes, policies and procedure improvements that support business growth
• Conduct internal training as required across group and regional finance teams
• Manage and lead regional team members in the delivery of first in class external and internal deliverables within set delivery deadlines
Systems, process and policy leadership:
• Ensure that key policies are defined, communicated and understood by accounting teams;
• Ensure compliance across group and regional teams
Client and stakeholder leadership:
• Build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders
• Demonstrate effective peer, direct report and team management skills
• 5+ years experience working in multinational, SOX reporting, in fast paced and energetic environments
• Exceptionally strong financial reporting and analytical skills
• CA or CPA qualified
• Previous people management experience, where able to drive results in a positive and inspiring way, coach and mentor team members
• Strong team management and independent contributor experience
• Strong communicator and an ability to communicate across all levels of the business, and remote international teams.
• Strive to continually improve, including making changes to internal accounting processes and controls.
• Ability to time manage and problem solve effectively in a high-pressure environment, consistently meeting tight deadlines.
• Focus on exceptional customer service ensuring all stakeholder needs are exceeded
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
• Healthcare coverage
• Retirement Plans
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Wellness perks
• Paid parental leave
• Paid time off
• Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Benefits of working as a Finance Manager - Australia in Melbourne:
● Company offers great benefits
● Company offers career progression opportunities
● Attractive package
Sydney NSW Australia
Finance Manager - Australia - Immediate Start Sydney NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.