Penn State Pennsylvania United States
3 weeks ago
Job Number: REQ_0000043465
• CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday...
• CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
• If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Are you a gifted digital creative with a passion for sustainability? If so, the Sustainability Institute (SI) at Penn State wants YOU to join our team as a Communications Multimedia Specialist Intern.
In this position, you'll play a vital role spreading the word about Penn State's sustainability achievements and advancements through graphic design, website management, and event photography. Not only will you get to work with like-minded peers and gain valuable experience in the sustainability sector - you'll also develop a high-quality body of work suitable for a professional portfolio.
This exciting opportunity is available for an immediate start date and will run through the end of the Spring 2024 semester, with the option to renew for the 2024-25 school year (preferred). During the academic year, you'll work an average of 15 hours per week (more or fewer hours can be negotiated depending on your capacity), and during the summer, you can work up to 40 hours per week (again, based on your availability). Most work can be performed remotely with regular Zoom check-ins; however, we want to ensure that your internship experience connects you with a cohort of similarly engaged student interns. As such, some in-person hours are required in order to facilitate connection and engagement with the group.
We're seeking a creative, dependable, and organized individual with strong previous digital design experience, who will be comfortable working in a collaborative setting. A strict commitment to meeting deadlines is a must as well as the ability to independently produce creative and inspired work. Occasionally nights and weekends may be required in order to photograph sustainability-related events.
As a part of your responsibilities, you'll work closely with our Communication Director to:
• Design a suite of high-quality, visually-appealing, evergreen graphic elements that can be used in SI promotions such as social media, infographics, brochures, posters, flyers, and reports.
• Design and layout flyers, reports, brochures, posters, event programs, and other printed materials.
• Design and layout digital signage, social media designs, website banners, event, and program invitations etc.
• Occasional attendance at sustainability-focused events to assist with photography/videography-related needs, as well as editing and organizing photos/videos from related events.
• Edit, approve, and update website calendar events as well as create digital banners, make simple updates to the website, and provide assistance with email marketing campaigns.
The successful applicant will be:
• Experienced in graphic design, photography, and website management.
• Have proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, iContact, WordPress, and other digital marketing and design tools.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Attention to detail, creativity, and the ability to multitask.
• Passion for sustainability and environmental issues, as well as a working knowledge of major sustainability topics and Penn State's related achievements.
Candidates will not be considered without submitting a cover letter, resume, and examples of previous design work.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
University Park, PA
Jobs in Pennsylvania United States
Communications Multimedia Specialist Intern Pennsylvania jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.