The Tomorrow Trust
The Tomorrow Trust Cape Town South Africa
3 weeks ago
Tomorrow Trust provides holistic programmes focused on academic, psychosocial, career and digital development to orphaned and vulnerable children and youth. We do this by delivering world class wraparound support to children in schools (K1 to Grade 12) via a Holiday and Saturday School Programme and supporting tertiary aspiration via our Tertiary programme. Our mission is to be unlocking South Africa best tomorrow through Holistic education today: from playground to professional.
Tomorrow Trust offers supplementary Holistic support for Gr R – Gr 12 learners during the holiday period and Saturdays in order to supplement, build, support and correct the learning they receive at their home school. Tomorrow Trust Tertiary Programme offers full and partial bursaries to deserving students around South Africa to attend university or college; we cover costs for tuition, textbooks, accommodation, feed and transport. Specific psycho-social and academic support is provided to all students to... ensure they complete their qualifications and are ready for the working environment when they graduate.
Our Vision: For a just tomorrow – A society with conscious and holistically educated leaders; where all children including the orphaned and vulnerable have a real chance of success in academics and life.
Our Mission: To unlock South Africa’s best tomorrow through holistic education today: from the playground to professional.
Our Values: Social Justice, Compassion and Growth
The Tomorrow Trust is looking to fill the following permanent position, based in the Johannesburg office.
Job Brief: Psychologist (Educational / Counselling)
Reporting to: Tertiary Lead
OVERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Psychologist (Educational / Counselling) role will be responsible for the design, planning and delivery of career programmes from Grade 8 to Tertiary aligned with the organisations vision and mission. This role will include providing counselling and support to current tertiary students. It will also include the provision of life skills that support the holistic development of our beneficiaries and prepare them to enter their next professional stage.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Contribute to development, refinement and execution of business strategies.
· Counselling skills and student management
· Contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive career programme to Grade 8 to Tertiary aimed at delivering evidence based, world class programming.
· Implementing and management of our various programmes.
· Contributing, presenting and creating to psychosocial topics and dialogues that build best practise in education in South Africa.
· Monitoring and evaluating outcome of their projects.
· Writing reports.
· Social media blogs and write ups.
· Working closely with donors and stakeholders.
· Understanding on the Tertiary sector and institutes.
· Implementation and management of Tertiary 10 hour give back programme.
· Implementation and management of Tutoring programme for Grade 8- 12.
BEHAVIOUR AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
· Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures
· Research skills and ability to structure, organise and analysis information.
· Compete, self –motivated, honest, integrity and highly creative
· Innovative thinker and problem solver.
· Self-Starting rather than accepting passively
· Highly passionate about education and making a change
· Team worker and contributes to a kindness caring working environment.
· Self- motivated- must have the ability to prioritise workload and continue without instructions at time.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Enthusiastic and motivated to make a difference in the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children lives.
· Can adjust easily to change.
· Must be open to travel to other provinces.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Registered with HPSCA
· Master of Art (Counselling/ educational psychology) and registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. (HPCSA)
· CPD Compliance Certificate.
· Work experience min of 2 years. 1- 2 years’ work experience as a counselling/ educational psychologist.
· Understanding of referral pathways for counselling support.
· A valid driver’s licence
· Highly computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate at all levels.
Interested parties should submit their CV with a 1 page cover letter.
Closing date for application is the 12 May 2023
All application should be submitted by email to [email protected]
Please ensure the subject line states: Psychologist (Educational / Counselling)
Should you not hear from us after 2 weeks from the closing date consider your application unsuccessful
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Psychologist (Educational / Counselling) Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.