Marsh McLennan Cluj-Napoca Romania
2 weeks ago
Founded over 20 years ago, Darwin's main ambition was to change the world of benefits. Fast forward to the present day and it is leading the way as a cornerstone benefits technology product in the Marsh McLennan, (MMC), Tech portfolio.
MMC are now building out their EMEA Technology Hub in Cluj, Romania.
MMC is a global professional services firm, headquartered in New York City with businesses in insurance brokerage, risk management, reinsurance services, talent management, investment advisory, and management consulting. It comprises the businesses of Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, JLT, Oliver Wyman and Darwin.
The regional hub will contain teams of Application Developers, Business Analysts, Project/Program Managers and other technology roles that require time zone overlap with clients in EMEA. As a regional hub we are equipped to scale our vast technical expertise through a variety of outputs, while helping to unleash our potential as one company, to effectively meet today's... emerging challenges through the brilliant technology we build and deliver together.
Join us on this exciting journey as we look to scale our regional hub in Cluj.
This role is part of Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate which serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs.
This position is part of the Network and Security Infrastructure team, leveraging operations management tools such as Datadog, Logicmonitor, BigFix, Alertsite, xMatters Netbackup and other miscellaneous IT (Information Technology) toolsets.
You will be expected to increase system stability and expand the group's services by offering a vastly improved level of service with respect to System Hosting, Network Operations, and Cyber Security Operations.
Your role as a Network and Security Infrastructure Engineer will include direct monitoring for incident management in all three facets of level 1 operations, completing changes to the environment and providing escalation to various teams in the infrastructure organization. Troubleshooting escalated issues and working with Shift Managers on escalated issues.
As a Network and Security Infrastructure Engineer you will be tasked with Network, Server and Cybersecurity level 1 support across the MMC infrastructure.
We will rely on you to:
• Provide continuous and consistent management reporting on the status of issues, actions, and resolutions;
• Manage severity 1 incident calls and report to appropriate management and teams;
• Provide technical support for all systems and applications hosted in the Global Data Centers, ensuring all systems are managed and that all support services are meeting defined business service levels for Network, Server and Cyber Security;
• Maintain patching compliance to avoid risks of system outages or compromised data;
• Communicate ideas and information effectively via oral and written communication to globally diverse audiences;
• Assist with operational and infrastructure related projects for related to server, network and cyber initiatives;
• Monitor assigned incident queues and change queues in ITSM system;
• Monitor ticketing queues for regular turnover up-dates on a daily basis;
• Review incidents, changes and requests for updating and escalation;
• Adapt and adjust to changing priorities both independently and in a team;
• Monitor strict compliance in accordance with MMC Technical standards, policies and procedures;
• Provide escalation of severity 1 issues to management timely and appropriately;
• Provide support for requests related to accounts for various applications including: Kiteworks, Zscaler, Globalscape and other Level 1 managed applications such as Cisco, F5, PaloAlto, NetBackup, ServiceNow, BigPanda, Datadog, BigFix, LogicMonitor, InfoBlox, xMatters, UNIX/Linux, Windows, AS/400.
What you need to have:
• Min 2 years hands on experience in a technical infrastructure operations/data center environment;
• Strong verbal and written communication both in English & Romanian is vital;
• Bachelor degree in computer or network science or related field from an accredited university;
• Technical and hands-on experience supporting multi-platform server and application environments;
• Knowledge of ticketing systems and monitoring applications;
• Server OS (Operating System) support – Windows, Linux, Container Support;
• Data Circuit Vendor Support, Application and Load-balancer support;
• Strong process development and service delivery principles;
• Knowledge of backup technologies;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a large global company and or complex IT environment;
• Hybrid working availability;
What makes you stand out?
• Basic knowledge of routing and switching (Network certifications A+ Network+, CCNA), network support – Cisco, PaloAlto , Aruba, F5;
• Firewall rule support, troubleshooting, adds, and removals (PaloAlto experience +);
• Experience with Change Control Ticketing, Incident Reporting and Ticketing (ServiceNow experience a +);
• Understanding varied and diverse platforms and technologies Server, Network, and Cyber Security;
• Remote access experience working in a fast-paced technical environment;
• Ability to understand server application down impact and manage all issues to resolution;
• Ability to understand Network down impact and manage all issues to resolution;
• Ability to understand Cyber Operations impact and manage all issues to resolution;
• Understand and follow established processes and procedures;
• Ability to manage/run conference calls on technical severity issue with varying levels of personnel;
• Understanding of incident management and escalation process;
• Strong process and service delivery principles;
Sunday through Wednesday (10 hours shift)
Wednesday through Saturday ( 10 hours shift)
Our benefits and culture:
• An opportunity to work in a fast-growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression;
• A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative;
• A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your flexible benefits package;
• 25 days off + 1 extra day off on your birthday;
• Matching charity contributions, charity days off, and the Pay it Forward charity challenge;
• Pension, Life and Medical Insurance;
• We champion flexible working, and our mission is to help you find YOUR work-life balance, whether that's standard working, part-time working, flextime working, compressed hours, or working from home.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR (Human Resources) and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice, and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago, and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Network and Security Infrastructure L1 Engineer @MMCTech Cluj-Napoca jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.