Millar Cameron England United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Position: Senior Consultant Executive Search - Food and Agriculture Lead
Location: This is a hybrid role, ideally based in one of our locations – the UK, Kenya. We would also be open to applicants from South Africa and Egypt.
Compensation: Competitive (base salary + commission)
Millar Cameron is a successful and well-established executive and professional recruitment firm specialising in managing senior appointments and business-critical roles for companies and organisations operating across the Global South. We have offices in London, Oxford and Nairobi and plan further expansion.
For over 15 years, Millar Cameron has built rewarding partnerships with clients working across many aspects of the Food and Agriculture industry, including across primary agriculture, such as crop production (row crops, high value crops, plantations, orchards, hydroponic) and protein production (poultry, pork, beef, dairy). We also support a number of clients in secondary production processing plants... within edible oils, meat processing, bottling and canning.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Senior Consultant (or Principal) to help us further develop the relationships within the Food and Agriculture vertical market.
The Senior Consultant role is responsible for the excellence of service, and commercial growth, including new business development of the assigned industry sector Millar Cameron operates in (existing desk) and, in some instances, new markets, with the support and guidance of a Partner (Client Services, Client Solutions).
It is a varied role primarily focussed on account and relationship management, new business origination, and project management (delivery oversight). This is a client-facing role and, as such, an ambassador of Millar Cameron in the marketplace.
A Senior Consultant is responsible for several stages of the retained search process, including:
Account Management and Origination:
• Demonstrates proficiency in sales/business development activities (and an appetite to learn), including contributing to the development of key accounts and target key accounts, managing designated accounts, and opening opportunities with target accounts.
• Contributing content to help deliver our annual Marketing Plan
• Continuing to develop in-depth knowledge in one or more of Millar Cameron’s core markets (industry and/or geography); being recognised as a trusted advisor by clients and colleagues alike.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of all Millar Cameron’s activities –its services, clients, markets, and areas of expertise.
• Managing all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle, handling activities directly (on more senior or sensitive roles, or for a specific key or target key accounts), or supervising/guiding others to deliver them, including:
• Sourcing candidates for specific opportunities using multiple sourcing channels.
• Contacting candidates to establish their interest and potential suitability for a specific position.
• Presenting candidates to the client.
• Arranging interviews with the client and subsequently providing two-way interview feedback as required.
• Managing the offer process with the selected candidate to ensure a successful conclusion.
• Sympathetically rejecting unsuccessful candidates, providing clear reasons for not being suitable for the specific position.
• Undertake post-placement follow-up
This role offers a clear career progression path into Market / Sector Head or Partner.
Skills and qualifications:
• At least six years of experience within an Executive Search firm/ Recruitment Agency or in-house. Or transferable skills gained in Management Consulting, Service Agency, or Industry set-up.
• Executive Search experience or understanding and appreciation of methodology when hiring senior managers and executives.
• Track record of generating business opportunities through successful account management/ new business origination and desire to further develop in this area.
• Track record of successfully delivering services to clients.
• Client-facing experience, including presentation, negotiation, and relationship management with senior stakeholders.
• University educated.
• Strong communication skills.
• Refined networking abilities.
• Excellent market research and analytical skills.
• And an ability to gain actionable insights regarding partner organisations’ unique culture, business goals, and hiring needs.
• Commitment to success. Resilience.
• Intellectual agility
Jobs in England United Kingdom
Senior Consultant Executive Search - Food and Agriculture Lead England jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.