Phoebe Putney Health System
Phoebe Putney Health System Albany GA Georgia
4 weeks ago
• The Social Worker (MSW) provides a broad spectrum of professional SW services and functions. Demonstrates proficiency, autonomy, and accountability in assuring patient care management needs are met from a well-coordinated interdisciplinary and collaborative perspective with the RNCare Manager and other members of the healthcare team. Utilizes professional clinical social work skills to screen and assess patient/family needs for complex discharge planning, placement, education, referrals, and psycho-social assessment and counseling needs to establish plans for the effective management of the patient/family. The MSW must be able to perform work using accepted SW standards of practice, and demonstrate skills and knowledge necessary to provide intervention appropriate to age, education level, and capabilities of the patient served. The MSW role includes being proactive in planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care across the continuum that optimizes quality, patient/family satisfaction, utilization, and cost. Complies with related Federal, State, Payer and regulatory requirements.
• Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
• Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
• Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
• Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
• Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
• Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
• Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
• General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
• May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
• May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or infectious organisms.
• May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
• May be scheduled as needed including overtime
• Master's Degree in Social Work (Required)
• 2 - 3 years working in an Acute Care setting or related Community Service Organization. (Required)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
• Preferred Certifications/Licensures: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
• Organizational Skills
• Communication Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Customer Relations
• Grammar / Spelling
• Read /Comprehend Written Instructions
• Follow Verbal Instructions
• Basic Computer Skills
• Microsoft Office Suite
• General Clerical Skills
• Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
• Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot coordination
• Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
• Standing - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
• Walking - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
• Sitting - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
• Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
• Twist at waist - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
• Lift/carry up to 20 lbs - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Reaching above shoulder - Frequently within shift (34-66
Albany GA USA
MSW Social Worker - Care Management Albany jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.