Cox Communications Smyrna GA Georgia
3 weeks ago
The Connected Home Engineering group is responsible for designing network solutions for residential and business customers that deliver state of the art internet, video, automation, security, and voice products. These designs draw on a variety of devices including modems, small Routers & gateways, WiFi extenders, video clients, sensors, and control panels, as well as a variety of physical media... including coaxial cable (DOCSIS, MoCA) and fiber (PON) access networks, as well as WiFi, Ethernet, and Zigbee LAN networks within the premise.
The Customer Premises Design Engineer will contribute to solution designs for both our Residential and Commercial Services product areas that achieve our Product groups' roadmap goals for new features and services. This particular position will have particular emphasis on developing software-based solutions for various automation scenarios developing custom scripts and tools to simulate user behavior, collect data, and change device settings, in both production and development environments. Skills writing scripts & APIs across multiple protocols and OS environments are critical.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Design, develop, and execute scripts for more complex troubleshooting, automation, performance testing, or monitoring needs.
• Build custom ad-hoc test appliances using devices such as Raspberry Pi or OpenWRT Routers and opensource code or custom scripts to simulate specific user behaviors and collect metrics.
• Perform scripted queries of REST APIs using Python or a similar language for routine data collection and entry, interfacing with telecom protocols such as TR-69, SNMP, and WebPA.
• Demonstrate skill in data analysis & visualization tools such as SQL, Tableau, etc.
• Build proof-of-concept network setups simulating home or business environments for new products and features, validate technical and user requirements are being met, including new hardware, firmware, or configurations.
• Possess and apply a broad knowledge of device engineering to develop test and validation strategies, assist with determining root cause of defects reported from development labs and production networks
• Through both independent and structured training remain up to date on current industry tools, practices, and trends.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 2 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and up to 2 years' experience; or 6 years' experience in a related f
• Object oriented programming, such as Java or Python
• Experience with REST APIs
• Strong competency in networking technologies, especially layers 1 through 4
• Experience setting up basic WiFi and Ethernet networks
• Experience with basic network performance & reliability testing concepts such as throughput, packet loss, latency, out-of-sequence packets, etc.
• Experience using repositories such as GitHub for managing release builds and version control
• Strong critical thinking skills a must, ability to create specific action plans & success criteria independently based on general guidance and goals.
• Telecommunications Industry certifications
• Experience with open-source network testing tools such as iPerf, NetPerf
• Experience with purpose-built network analysis tools such as Spirent Test Center, Avalanche, Abacus, Empirix and Wireless testing tools such as Octoscope or Ixia Veriwave
• Familiarity with data analysis and visualization tools such as SQL, Tableau, and Microsoft Excel
• Experience with wide variety of home networking technologies and associated testing concepts, mainly network and physical layer technologies such as DOCSIS, Ethernet, MoCA, WiFi, IP routing, and voice.
• Experience with Telecom Service Provider operational systems for provisioning and monitoring.
• Experience with Telecommunications management protocols such as SNMP and TR-69.
• Experience with a test case & ticketing management platform such as JIRA.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Smyrna GA USA
Customer Premises Design Engineer II Automation Smyrna jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.