Xero New Zealand New Zealand
1 month ago
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer based in New Zealand to join our Security Engineering Function.
What’s the Role?
As a Senior Security Engineer, you’ll ensure our platform security systems are deployed and maintained to support the requirements of our Xero teams. You’ll be hands-on solving problems at scale in a massive AWS environment. You’ll become deeply familiar... with the capabilities of our vendors to build and support modern and adaptable security services that will delight our customers.
We run mission-critical infrastructure, and you’ll build resilient and scalable systems. Automation will be the standard for you, and you’ll seek new and interesting ways to reduce our operational overheads. Most importantly, you’ll be a team player and get to work with an awesome group of engineers in an amazing and unique working environment.
Meet The Team
Edge - Security Engineering:
The Edge team is one of three Security Engineering pods made up of Edge, Defence and Asset. The vision of the edge team is to secure Xero’s edge with innovative technologies that deliver availability and scalability.
We’re responsible for designing, maintaining and servicing tools and infrastructure that defends against threats from entering or spreading through Xero's network infrastructure. We’re looking for a Senior Engineer that will help us create automated security processes that empower product teams to build #beautiful secure software.
What you'll do:
• It is a hands on, on the tools role and you’ll be the focal point where technical decisions meet strategic thinking.
• Develop software and automation as agreed with the team.
• Develop and maintain documentation.
• Support the pod by providing guidance and coaching around what great delivery, testing and performance practices look like.
• Be approachable and professional.
• Understanding of DevOps and Agile practices.
• Participate in the 24/7 oncall roster as required.
• Coach and mentor team members.
• Have proven ability to communicate and coach a growth mindset, and associated Security engineering skills.
• Independently take ownership of problems and solve them.
• A strong drive to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
• A passion for delivering high quality products to your customers.
• Work with other Xero Security Teams and Product teams to ensure that any escalated incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner.
While we don’t require you to have worked with our tech stack previously, what is important is you are happy to learn and work with it. Generally, the technologies we work with are:
• AWS is our main cloud provider, however knowledge of Azure and GCP is beneficial
• Python (nice to have)
• NGINX or other Web Service Products (nice to have)
• Automation tools eg Terraform (nice to have)
• Check Point firewall products (or similar - e.g. F5)
• Network security principles.
• Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) especially Akamai and/or Cloudfront.
• JSON, YAML, and AWS Cloudformation templates.
• WAF technologies
• Networking and system administration fundamentals.
What you'll bring:
• Relevant engineering experience building and deploying solutions in a production environment on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Ability to ensure Xero’s solutions are deployed and managed in a repeatable, reliable manner.
• Deployment experience which includes improving current processes and have a strong understanding of Continuous Integration/Delivery.
• Ability to develop software and automation as agreed with the team.
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
If this sounds like a team and company you’d like to be a part of, apply today!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too
Jobs in New Zealand New Zealand
Senior Engineer - Security New Zealand jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.