WSP USA Portland OR United States
1 month ago
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our... fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Civil Engineer for our Portland, OR office. Be involved in projects with our Civil Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. WSP USA Operates with a Hybrid-Workplace Model. Be involved in projects with our Northwest Pacific Transportation Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
Provides high level technical assistance and guidance for multi-site/phase due diligence, investigation, remediation, impact assessment, permitting, improvement, and construction of infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector. Tasks include the research, design, concept development, planning, and construction of facilities, roads, buildings, tunnels, dams, bridges, water supply systems, and sewage treatment. Substantiates reports and documentation to advise on material, installation, design, and construction specifications. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
• Lead and coordinate design teams.
• Manage design tasks and identify changes and risks.
• Support preparation of design plans, cost estimates and special provisions.
• Develop memorandums and other written technical documents.
• Perform complex design tasks and drawings using computer-aided design (CADD) related to the development of transportation and stormwater projects in AutoCADD Civil 3d and/or MicroStation Inroads and/or Openroads.
• Prepare civil project deliverables, including Plans, Specifications & Estimates (PS&E) documents, engineering reports, project memorandums, and others as required.
• Determine client requirements and contributes to the development of scopes, schedules, and budgets.
• Perform specialized assignments which call for an application of professional expertise.
• Plan, schedule, coordinate and oversee the work of lower-level engineers.
• Assist in field work.
• And other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Professional Engineer Registration for State of Oregon, or ability to receive within 6 months.
• 7-10 years of experience in highway/roadway/stormwater design or similar designation.
• Strong technical writing, analytical, and communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience leading design tasks.
• Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products.
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
• Proven track record of upholding workplace. safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering.
• 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
• Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
• Job Status: Regular
• Employee Type: Full
• Primary Location: PORTLAND - 1300 SW 5TH AVE
• All locations: US-OR-Portland
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
Portland OR USA
Jobs in Portland OR United States
Lead Civil Engineer Portland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.