ClearanceJobs Las Vegas NV United States
3 weeks ago
Reporting to a CE Superintendent for the designated geographical region, leads multi-craft construction union craftsmen in electrical and mechanical shops to include: Alarms, Wiremen, Linemen, Power Production, Plumber/Pipefitters, Sprinkler Fitters, HVAC, Insulator, and Water/Waste Water Treatment. Essential Responsibilities:
• Manage installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of high and... low voltage electrical distribution systems, substations, prime power plant, fixed and mobile emergency power generators, manual and automatic transfer switches, central heating plant, Uninterruptible Power Systems, frequency convertors, grounding and lightning protection systems, cathodic protection systems, aircraft arresting systems, airfield lighting systems, fire and security alarm systems, HVAC systems, refrigeration/freezer units, commercial kitchen appliances, package unit boilers, insulation systems, potable and non-potable water distribution, grease interceptors, storm water systems, wastewater collection and treatment systems, stand-pipe, fire hydrants, fire suppression systems and backflow prevention systems.
• Work closely with associate CE Supervisors and Superintendents, Project Officers, Engineering/Design, Survey, and Materials Test Lab.
• Coordinate manpower and resources to execute projects to meet or exceed customers' critical timelines.
• Perform Duty Officer functions.
• Interact with foremen, union stewards, division managers, Gov't POCs, and internal/external customers.
• Direct daily activities/work load of assigned shops, schedule/execute work orders and PMIs.
• Plan and direct new construction/renovations, projects, inspect job sites on a routine basis.
• Participate in project design reviews and provide feedback on constructability and maintainability.
• Ensure personnel remain current with certification, licensing and training requirements.
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches.
• Review, approve and correct timesheets, approve leave requests, training/travel reimbursements.
• Prepare/submit materials, tools, parts, PPE purchase requests.
• Coordinate disciplinary actions with Human Resources.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Must have high school diploma and at least 8 years of job related experience or equivalent.
• Associates degree or vocational/technical training, and prior management or supervisory experience is desirable.
• Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
• Have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Experience managing and leading work crews in the execution of construction work and facility O&M.
• Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Qualify for and maintain a US Government Secret Security Clearance. Note: US citizenship is required to obtain a US Government Secret Security Clearance.
• Possess a valid state issued driver's license. Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands: Works in a general office environment. Frequent travel over long distances throughout the NTTR is required and will necessitate routine overnight stays in austere and harsh environments. As an exempt employee, may be required to work other than standard work hours to ensure effective customer support. Personal computer and other general office equipment and personal protective equipment and specialized safety equipment, as necessary. Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Las Vegas NV USA
Jobs in Las Vegas NV United States
Civil Engineering Supervisor with Security Clearance Las Vegas jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.