Leidos Framingham MA United States
2 weeks ago
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself...
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Leidos is seeking an Associate Distribution Engineer in Framingham, MA. Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
• Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
• Professional Engineer Licensure (PE)
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
• Leadership Training
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience/expertise in:
• NESC expertise
• Structural Pole Modeling
• Electrical Power Calculations
• GIS Design
• Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work may include grid hardening and reliability, substation optimization, joint use make ready and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements.
The Associate Distribution Engineer c will support the following activities under supervision of a technical lead:
• Develop design and construction work packages for electrical overhead and underground distribution systems operating from 4kV through 138kV mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
• Comply with Leidos and Client Safety requirements as well as design and quality expectations.
• Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
• Perform engineering calculations such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
• Develop permitting documents for different AHJ’s.
• Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met.
• Conduct root cause analysis of outages and mitigation using engineering principles and design.
Associate Distribution Engineer Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline and 0-2 years of relevant experience working directly with an electric utility or with a consulting/contracting company performing design engineering for electric utilities
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required.
Nice to haves
• Experience providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC
• Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, SOCKET, Spida-Calc
• Experience using MicroStation--performing Electrical Distribution design
• Experience with design standards
Professional Attributes needed to be successful in this role:
• Excellent communication skills; written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
• Inclusive attitude; Ability to collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Professional dress and demeanor
• Positive attitude
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law
Framingham MA USA
Jobs in Framingham MA United States
Associate Distribution Engineer Framingham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.