Kaiser Permanente McDonough GA Georgia
3 weeks ago
Under supervision of Pharmacy Operations Manager, performs general pharmacist duties and supervise staff pharmacists and support personnel. Maintains pharmacy services in accordance with departmental policies and standards as well as state and federal laws and regulations. Works in concert with Medical Office Administration to ensure effective delivery of pharmacy services.
• Responsible for pharmacy operations with direct reports consisting of staff pharmacists and support personnel.
• Directs, coaches, and mentors pharmacy personnel; sets goals and objectives for staff consistent with the department and regional objectives; provides feedback and follow-up.
• Directs personnel in planning, developing, implementing, coordinating and supervising the services and functions provided by pharmacy including legal and regulatory requirements.
• Performs necessary audits to ensure compliance with operating, cash control and patient safety policies.
• Develops implements and manages systems and processes to ensure patient safety and accurate dispensing practices.
• Manages OTC drug sales to increase revenue opportunities.
• Creates an environment supportive of staff retention with a focus on staff contributions, influence and stress reduction.
• Develops and assures implementation of departmental initiatives consistent with regional goals and objectives.
• Supervises assigned staff to include interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching and corrective action in conformance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies.
• Ensures the delivery of pharmaceutical care for our members including prospective, concurrent and retrospective drug utilization review; screening for drug allergies, interactions and duplications; physician follow-up if appropriate; and interactive patient counseling.
• Ensures all pharmacists strive to enforce our formulary; interact and consult with physicians and associate providers when necessary to improve quality of care and/or increase value; educate physicians and providers regarding cost effective therapy and drug utilization goals (e.g. target drug programs).
• Performs general pharmacist duties including compounding and dispensing drugs and medicines, reviewing prescriptions to identify overdoses and potentially toxic compounds, bottling and packaging prepared compounds, and maintaining records of drugs, poisons and controlled substances.
• Schedules and assigns work for pharmacy personnel according to work load demands and availability of personnel. Approves leave requests and time sheets.
• Maintains policies and procedures related to pharmacy including professional practice standards (related to preparation and dispensing functions) and standards regarding the maintenance of appropriate levels of pharmaceutical supplies.
• Responsible for ensuring effective operation of pharmacy including member satisfaction levels, professional performance and administrative functions.
• Participates in patient education programs as appropriate.
• Assists in evaluating and planning current and projected budgetary needs for pharmacy staffing, supplies, equipment and capital.
• Maintains efficient inventory control, inventory turns and purchasing practices in accordance with national contracts and directives. Oversees daily ordering of pharmaceuticals and other supplies.
• Manages revenue in accordance with cash handling policies.
• Serves as liaison with other departments, clinical personnel and physicians. Coordinates with medical center leadership in the development of procedures relating to provision of pharmacy services within the medical center.
• Compiles statistical data; prepares periodic and special reports relating to operating costs and services rendered.
• Completes special projects and evaluations as requested.
• May assume regional responsibilities as delegated by Director of Pharmacy.
• Manages and ensures maximization of Pharmacy Improvement Program (PIP).
• Provides regionally defined levels of member satisfaction to at least minimum thresholds.
• Ensures compliance with all EHS and OSHA rules and regulations.
• Minimum two (2) years of pharmacy experience required.
• Graduate school or college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Pharmacist License (Georgia)
• Knowledge of formulary systems, inventory control systems, cash control and budgetary procedures for a high volume pharmacy.
• Demonstrated effective communications skills and the ability to deal pleasantly and effectively with medical staff and patients.
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of fifteen (15) pounds.
McDonough GA USA
Manager II, Pharmacy Operations, 40hrs - Variable, McDonough, GA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.