Wellstar Health System
Wellstar Health System Austell GA Georgia
3 weeks ago
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals... dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
SIGN-ON BONUS INCLUDED! APPLY NOW!
Core Responsibilites And Essential Functions
General Pharmacy Management:
• Responsible for the day to day pharmacy operations for the pharmacy he/she supervises personnel. (reports to the Director of Pharmacy)
• Trains/instructs (or delegates responsibility thereof) pharmacy personnel on their required duties upon hire or modification of programs and systems
• Provides distributive and clinical services during pharmacists’’ vacations, illnesses, LOAs, etc, as well as, during short staffed periods resulting from resignations and/or volume increases
• Counsels or takes disciplinary action as necessary when pharmacy personnel violate established policies, procedures, rules, regulation or accepted standards
• Interviews/hires personnel as required
Assists Pharmacy Director
• Assists the Director of Pharmacy in writing and implementing department and system policies and procedures pertaining to drug distribution, use and control
• Maintains the pharmacy in a state of readiness for federal, state and local regulatory agency inspections (e.g. JACHO, drug inspectors, etc)
• Establishes work schedules to provide sufficient personnel to meet the needs of the facility (as approved by WellStar’s senior management and board through the budgetary process).
• Adheres to and enforces the rules and regulations established by the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy * Maintains active licensure and certifications for the department and personnel if applicable
• Ensures that the distribution and administration of controlled substances DEA, CII – Cv are properly monitored and documented. Investigates and reports substitutive variations to appropriate personnel
• Assists the director of pharmacy in preparing the annual operating budget and capital budgets
• Performs annual review and submit for merit increased for pharmacy personnel (direct reports)
• Reviews monthly financial reports, contacts Accounting department (analyst) to notify of discrepancies and provides information to the Director of Pharmacy concerning significant variances.
• Monitors revenues and expenses to identify deficiencies or excesses
• Arranges for and supervises the pharmacy’s annual inventory
• Participates in or delegates responsibility for chart audits requested by management, internal audit, third party payers, etc.
• Supervises the drug purchasing program with emphasis on the use of AGPO and IDN contracts (investigates purchasing options to reduce overall pharmacy system expense)
• Conducts and documents monthly staff meetings
• Serves on Pharmacy based system committees as requested by the Director of Pharmacy provides or arranges for in-service education for pharmacy personnel, nursing and ancillary services as needed
• Ensures that the pharmacy department is properly maintained (appropriately cleaned by housekeeping, controlled by security and equipment properly functioning through maintenance or bio engineering)
• Communicates issues and concerns, both internal and external, to the Director of Pharmacy
• Maintains open communications to the Site Administrator, Nursing Director and Ancillary Department Managers
• Required for All Jobs:
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited School/College of Pharmacy Required and
• PharmD Preferred and
• Advanced Management degree (MBA or MHA) Preferred and
• Completion of a Pharmacy Residency Program Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
• Oriented and knowledgeable in the specialized functions of a hospital pharmacy. Required and
• Worked a minimum of three (3) years in a hospital pharmacy Required and
• Worked in a supervisory capacity in a hospital pharmacy for a minimum of one (1) year or in a clinical or community setting for a period of two (2) years Required and
• General knowledge of hospital financial systems (responsibility reports, budgetary process, billing programs, etc). Required and
• Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and pharmacy purchasing Required and
• Knowledge of the various pharmacy technologies available. Required and
• Knowledge of computerized pharmacy systems; preferably hospital pharmacy based computer systems. Required and
• Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulatory guidelines governing pharmaceutical practice and the use of controlled substances Required
Required Minimum Skills
• Demonstrated leadership qualities.
• Ability to supervise both exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Ability to work with other Hospital and System leaders.
• Ability to address Medical Staff Leaders on issues pertaining to pharmacy.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
• Strong customer service attitude.
• Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Office).
• Ability to think/act independently as required by situation – adept at change management.
Required Minimum License(s) And Certification(s)
• Reg Pharmacist 1.00 Required 1.00
Additional Licenses And Certifications
• Licensed and in good standing with the GA State Board of Pharmacy.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare
Austell GA USA
Manager of Pharmacy Operations Austell jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.