Finovate Cape Town South Africa
3 weeks ago
Our client has an opportunity available for a Management Accountant to join their team at their Cape Town office.
The purpose of this role is to prepare and analyse the company's management accounts in order to provide effective management accounting reports that enable users to make informed business decisions.
This position is responsible for preparing accurate monthly management account reports. They are also required to build forecasting models. This position must prepare the monthly management accounts for the relevant stakeholders and assist them with their business decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
• To create and submit accurate monthly management accounts to Senior Management Accountant.
• Compile accurate and sound management reporting.
• Prepare monthly reports, budgets, commentaries, and financial accounts to relevant business stakeholders.
• Provide continuous feedback to Senior Management Accountant regarding information in... the P&L.
• Produce financial reports including balance sheet, P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
• Create accurate and effective forecasting models and tools with scenario analysis.
• Ensure accuracy and make adjustment to models and tools as required.
• Review P&Ls to ensure they are accurate and in line with various HOD allocations.
• Escalate unresolved issues to the Senior Management Accountant.
• Liaising with HOD to discuss actual vs budget and any variances.
• Provide assistance and support for ad-hoc projects and tasks.
• Assist with undertaking financial administration and internal audits.
• Support and assist with other accounting projects.
• To manage own professional and self-development.
• Grade 12 or equivalent (essential).
• Accounting Degree (essential).
• Studying towards or completed CIMA (desirable).
• 3 – 5 years Management Accounting experience.
• Knowledge of multi -currency calculations, jurisdiction and entity level.
• Knowledge of IFRS and SA accounting practices.
• Knowledge of relevant tax and VAT legislation.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting packages.
• ERP system knowledge.
• Advanced MS Office.
• Computer skills.
• Time management skills.
• Organisational and administrative skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Analytical skills.
• Entrepreneurial and takes initiative.
Should you be appointed in a remote / work from home role at the company, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a 'work-like' environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
Market related salary offered.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area: Cape Town.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: All staff appointments will be made with due consideration of the company's EE targets
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Management Accountant Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.