RAMBOLL PTE. LTD.
RAMBOLL PTE. LTD. Singapore Singapore
3 weeks ago
Design Engineer (Water Infrastructure and Climate Adaptation)
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Water Department
As our Design Engineer you will be part of the Ramboll Water Department in Singapore. You will join an interdisciplinary engineering team and work along landscape architects, urban designers, transport engineers, structural engineers, energy specialists, environmental and health experts and work on sustainable projects in the Asia Pacific region and beyond. You will be part of our Water team, delivering... and managing innovative and sustainable design solutions for a wide range of developments through our multidisciplinary expertise in master planning, urban design and climate adaptation..
The role requires you to work under limited supervision of other professionals in the area for non-routine work. You will support, co-lead and solve tasks directly linked to water infrastructure and climate adaptation projects. You should demonstrate a high level of collaborative work ethic and contribute to team level results.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Develop integrated hydraulics/water management strategies at different project scales and stages (i.e. masterplanning, concept, schematic and detailed design) by incorporating nature based solutions in engineering design such as Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)/ Active, Beautiful, Clean (ABC) Waters concepts
• Preparation of ABC Waters certification documentation and equivalent for projects in Singapore
• Rapid Flood Hazard assessments
• Build hydraulic models of inland and coastal networks
• Flood hazard mapping
• Options Analysis
• Providing technical input and support to the water team
• Checking and reviewing projects for other departments when required
• Providing technical support to clients on water infrastructure projects and preparing feasibility studies
• Regular liaison with colleagues from other business units to share knowledge and best practices
• Prepare and produce design presentations in various formats including PowerPoint, posters etc.
• Work with suppliers to select, prepare material, equipment, and their specifications to support the project design intent
• Support the construction and implementation of projects
• Provide project management assistance to ensure efficient delivery of projects within set time frames and procedures
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental or Hydraulic) or equivalent
• Fresh graduates will be considered but at least 2 Year(s) of work experience in related fields is preferable
• Proficiency in DHI MIKE packages (or equivalent software, such as HEC-RAS), GIS packages such as ArcGIS or MapInfo or equivalent software is preferred
• Enthusiasm for innovative thinking and willingness to be actively involved in the wider Ramboll water community
• 2 years of site implementation experience will be of advantage
• Experience working on International Financial Institutional and/or development projects (e.g. World Bank, ADB) in the region will be of advantage
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Ramboll in APAC
Ramboll is home to 500 bright minds working across offices in the Asia Pacific region, present in Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and REH India. Our bright minds utilise their passions to deliver innovative, sustainable, and inventive solutions across diverse markets including Architecture and Landscape; Buildings; Energy; Environment and Health; and Water. Founded and headquartered in Denmark, Ramboll thrives on being a people-oriented company, and we invite you to join our collaborative, open, and empowering culture, contributing to a better sustainable future of tomorrow.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application
Graduate Design Engineer Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.