Navartis Manchester United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
I have an opportunity for a Technical Author to join the world's leader in on-board electronics for the rail sector.
They are looking to expand their Product Management team and are looking to hire a dynamic, passionate and experienced technical author.You'll be part of a team responsible for producing the technical documentation that supports their range of on-board electronics.
Revising and originating data sheets and technical manuals that comply with rail and rolling stock standards, your output will communicate clearly to a range of users to facilitate safe and efficient installation, operation and maintenance of their products.The office is based in Manchester however this is a predominantly remote role, with the option to be in the office if desired.
The first 3 months will require office presence once a week minimum, then can be fully remote and in the office once per month.
Key responsibilities for this Technical Author role:
• Research, write and illustrate technical product... support material including installation, operation and maintenance procedures.
• Plan allocated work to ensure that tasks are completed on time in line with departmental objectives and KPIs.
• Liaise with design engineers to obtain source information:
engineering drawings, parts lists, HMI screenshots etc.
• Transcribe technical subject matter and industry jargon into easily understood text.
• Write clearly and concisely ensuring consistency in terminology to avoid ambiguity and subsequent doubt and confusion for the reader.
Experience required for this Technical Author role:
• Relevant educational qualifications (minimum HNC Mechanical / Electrical Engineering).
• Ideally at least four years' experience in a technical authoring role in a multi-disciplined product / projected technology business.
• Experience with Adobe InDesign (or SCHEMA ST4, XMetal Author, STE, Adobe tools like illustrator and Pro).
• The ability to discuss technical issues with hardware/software engineers and understand and absorb information quickly.
• Experience in interpreting design documentation:
schematic diagrams, architecture diagrams, technical specifications, arrangement drawings etc.
in order to extract relevant source information.
• Excellent command of the English language:
spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax.
• Knowledge of the rolling stock industry, railway network operations and associated standards and directives - Desirable.
• Experience with Siemens Polarion - Desirable Package offered for this Technical Author role:
• Salary £30,000 - £40,000 depending on level/experience - Private health Care (Bupa) - Pension - 25 days annual leave + BH's - One additional day annual leave per year of employment (upto 30 days).
• Fantastic personal development and training.
How to apply for this Technical Author role:
If you are interest in this position, then please apply via this job board.Apply now for further details and immediate consideration for this Technical Author role.
Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business
Jobs in Manchester United Kingdom
Technical Author Manchester jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.