SkillsVR Auckland New Zealand
3 weeks ago
Quality Assurance Engineer
QA · Auckland, Parnell Minimum Experience Experienced The Role
Calling out for an experienced QA Engineer to come work with our diverse team of programmers, artists, instructional designers and game designers. As a QA Engineer the job is to ensure that each project is thoroughly tested and that all stakeholders are consistently kept in the loop regarding the state of the projects. There will be a requirement to issue investigation, replication and mitigation servicing client issues and help the team identify the root cause. We are on the lookout for a strong communicator, both agile and capable, and a great planner for both pre-launch and post launch conditions.
SkillsVR s a passionate and ambitious organisation that strives to push the boundaries of learning. We use modern digital tools and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world. We create a variety of games for training... self-reflection, skill- assessment and simulated experience exposure. We pride ourselves on creating engaging ways to learn, reflect, improve and leverage the power of play to create strong and lasting positive outcomes.
The Key Responsibilities
• Ownership, maintenance and communication of all QA related projects and reporting of associated risks for all assigned projects.
• Understand software systems and architecture, design requirements and production- to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting.’
• Define reporting procedures, testing plans, testing tasks and scheduling, issue logging, developing test suites.
• Managing and tasking external QA resource periodically.
• Reporting the results of current testing efforts to Production and other leads.
• Continual improvement of QA processes.
• Collaborating with the rest of the development team to track defects, replicate defects and feature development.
• Provide technical support and guidance for the build pipeline.
• Analysing underlying code and data to identify and resolve core causes of technical issues.
• Organising and participating in focused user testing.
• Coordinating with other technical teams within our clients and partners.
• Ensuring that all test and design documentation is up to date and relevant.
• Manage the testing of a live game across multiple platforms.
• Perform build deployment, scheduling and reporting.
• Assist in managing security related testing and audits.
The Ideal Person
• 3 +Years’ experience as QA tester or equivalent.
• Experience with using, deploying and maintaining bug tracking software.
• Experience in test automation and tools.(Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, etc.)
• Experience in Agile methodology
• Experience with CI/CD process and technologies (e.g. Jenkins or equivalent)
• Knowledge of versioning systems like GitHub, SVN, etc.
• Understanding of software quality assurance methodologies and processes.
• Ability to create, maintain and improve quality assurance processes.
• Strong organisational and documentation skills.
• Effective communication abilities – both written and verbal.
• Understanding the requirements and procedures for testing cloud-based services such as AWS, GC and Azure.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and value having members that represent our global diversity. JBA is also an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, APPLY with your CV and a covering letter.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please contact [email protected]
Location Auckland, Parnell Minimum Experience Experienced
Auckland New Zealand
Quality Assurance Engineer Auckland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.