CoAction West Cork
CoAction West Cork Cametringane Castletown-Bearhaven Ireland
4 weeks ago
CoAction West Cork provides quality services to support children and adults with an intellectual disability, and children with autism.
Social Care Worker
Castletownbere Residential Services
Hours as Required
CoAction West Cork are looking to add a Social Care Worker to our relief panel for our Castletownbere Residential Services.
For full position details and job description or for details on submitting an application please visit our website
www.coaction.ie or you can email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Closing date for receipt of applications:
Friday 5th May 2023
CoAction West Cork is an equal opportunity employer
Social Care Worker
Responsible to: Social Care Leader and PIC
The following description is intended to give a broad outline of the post only. It is neither inclusive nor definitive. Duties may be altered or amended to suit the changing needs of our clients. Staff will be consulted regarding any such changes. It... is our policy to review job descriptions on an on-going basis.
Overall Purpose of Position
To take responsibility for the day-to-day activities in the group home. To assist the social care leader in the responsibility for health and safety, programimplementation, personal care plans, budget management, staff planning, staff support and family liaison.
· To contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming, caring and supportive environment in the Group Home ensuring a high standard of care is delivered.
· To at all times treat the residents of the Group Home with dignity and respect.
· To be attentive to the physical and emotional needs of the service users.
· To encourage group participation in the day- to- day running of the house. I.e cleaning, budgeting, cooking, menu planning, shopping, recreation activities.
· To contribute to the provision of a program of stimulating activities for all the residents and to assist the service users in developing recreation activities and hobbies.
· To escort and assist on group outings arranged.
· To ensure the residents are not subjected to any forms of abuse and in particular, to ensure they are not subject to bullying or the threat of bullying.
· To implement agreed service user programs in liaison with the social care leader
· To ensure that all relevant records within the house are maintained to a high standard
· To share in those duties, which are essential to the maintenance of hygiene, and to undertake domestic duties required to maintain the house in a clean and tidy condition.
· Under the guidance of the Social Care Leader/Area Manager to maintain good relationships with the clients families and other professionals.
· To participate in staff meetings.
· To ensure that health and safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
· To ensure that all accidents/ incidents and complaints are reported and appropriately dealt with in line with CoAction’s policies and procedures.
· To keep the social care leader/area manager informed of all matters relating to the residents welfare through regular reports and oral communication.
· To be alert to any possible danger, either from defects in premises or equipment, to address and bring to the notice of the social care leader/area manager.
· In the event of any immediate danger, to take appropriate action to reduce the risk of physical injury.
· To develop relevant skills and abilities by taking part in training courses open to you.
· To deliver induction and training to residential staff as agreed with the Social Care Leader/Area Manager.
· To carry out day-to-day supervision of staff reporting to you.
· To contribute in a positive and energetic manner to the overall development of CoAction and the services it provides.
· To ensure that all policies are adhered to at all times.
· Whilst acknowledging the need for the professional sharing of information within the team, you are required to have strict regard to confidentiality within the team.
· To carry out other duties which may be agreed from time to time in discussion with the Social Care Leader/Area Manager.
Particulars of Post
• The salary for this position is in line with the Health Service Executive ‘s Social Care Worker scale.
Position Title: Relief Social Care Worker
Based: Castletownbere Residential
Reports To: Social Care Leader and PIC
Overall Position Purpose: To take responsibility for the day to day activities in the group home. To assist the social care leader in the responsibility for health and safety, programme developments, personal care plans, budget management, staff planning, staff support and family liaison.
A recognised qualification that involves a third level supervised practice element to the course.
A recognised professional qualification for Social Care, outlined as follows;
Youth and Community Degree
BA & Hdip
Nursing Qualification (RGN/RNID/ENMH) i.e
HETAC/DIT/(UCC) Diploma in Social Care
HETAC/DIT National Diploma in Applied Social Studies
HETAC/DIT National Diploma in Childcare
DIT Diploma in Applied Social Care
National Diploma in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities), The Open Training College, (HETAC) accredited.
Registered Nurse Intellectual Disability (RNID)
RNMH qualification is also recognised under the above guidelines.
Driving licence is essential.
Ability to relate to people with intellectual disabilities, Flexibility,
Willingness to learn
Ability to work on own initiative
Knowledge of advocacy and practical application.
Ability to write reports
Good communications skills
Applicants should have a minimum of 12 months experience working in a residential setting with Children with an intellectual disability.
Good working knowledge of HIQA
Intimate Care/personal care
Experience of working with the HIQA Regulations and experience of HIQA inspections
Cametringane Castletown-Bearhaven County Cork
Jobs in Cametringane Castletown-Bearhaven Ireland
Relief Social Care Worker - Castletownbere Residential - Flexible... Cametringane jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.