Brothers Of Charity Services Ireland
Brothers Of Charity Services Ireland Ennis County Clare Ireland
4 weeks ago
Brothers of Charity Services Ireland
Social Care Worker
The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland, Clare Region, provide services throughout the county to people with intellectual disabilities and their families. Our supports stretch to many rural towns and villages, such as Lisdoonvarna, Ennistymon, Miltown Malbay, Kilrush, Kilkee, Ennis, Shannon, Scariff and Killaloe. We provide the following services in these areas: Day Support, Support to live in the community, Respite Supports for Adults and Children, Advocacy Supports, Homeshare Services, Multi D Supports. Please visit our website (careers- to see our list of benefits and reward.
Role: Social Care Worker
Contract Available: Permanent Full Time / Permanent Part Time
Remuneration (pro rata): €36,195, €37,722, €39,602, €40,977, €42,368, €43,765, €45,184, €46,625, €48,056, €49,514, €50,978, €50,978, €50,978, €51,941 LSI
All new entrants to the Public Service will start at the first point of the above salary... scale
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 21st May 2023
• Hold a relevant Social Care qualification (BA, Diploma in Social Care Studies)
• Applications will be considered from candidates holding a minimum two year diploma qualification e.g. Nursing (RNID), Teaching, Youth and Community Studies, Psychology, Social Work.
• Applicants must possess the competencies and skills appropriate to working with persons with an intellectual disability
• The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland Clare reserves the right to determine relevant qualifications for the post
• Possess a Full Clean Drivers Licence. Requirement to display an "N" plate is permissibl
The position requires a high degree of understanding and commitment to the individual service users and to the Brothers of Charity Services Ireland Clare. The prime consideration at all times must be the interests and well-being of the individuals availing of our service. Please note this role involves live nights.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities of the Post will be:
• Take a lead role in the co-ordination, development and implementation of individual plans in order to meet the aspirations and goals of each person you support. These plans must be reviewed on a regular basis and a minimum of twice a year.
• Undertake the role and responsibilities or delegated responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act, 2007, related regulations and the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
• Be responsible for all aspects of risk management within work location.
• Ensure that the team worker provides support that complements and helps build natural relationships and community networks.
• Ensure the welfare and well-being of all individuals who avail of our service.
• Facilitate and implement a Person Centred service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of the individual. The multidisciplinary team may be consulted where required.
• Foster a good relationship with the individual, parents of the individual, staff, volunteers and visitors, by at all times behaving in a professional manner.
• Assist in the recruitment and induction of support workers.
• Ensure the one to one reviews are completed annually. Optimise the review so as to have a good work plan process for continual improvement and growth.
• Support individuals to have valued roles which facilitate them to contribute in a positive way in their local community.
• Ensure new concepts, innovations and ideas are developed in consultation with the team and Management and to take on board the necessary changes in line with these.
• Encourage and support community inclusion and foster positive links with other agencies and services.
• Carry out driving duties as required in Brothers of Charity Services Ireland Clare vehicles.
Supporting the Individual:
• Work with individuals in a way that promotes their equality, dignity, diversity and rights.
• Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal development, personal care while adhering to safe practices at all times.
• Assist the individual in the selection and preparation of meals to ensure a healthy nutritional balance.
• Support individuals to identify their future aspirations and current support needs and consider how these can be met.
• Assist each individual in reaching their maximum potential in independence, communication and personal development.
• Promote advocacy through listening to the individuals wishes and assist them by advocating on their behalf and to access the self-advocacy groups and the Independent Advocacy Service.
• Ensure the service you are providing is reviewed with your Team Leader to ensure it is working well and within budget.
• Design volunteer roles and assist with the recruitment and management of volunteers ensuring they are welcomed and supported in their role
• Hold individual planning meetings and circles of support meetings to ensure that decisions are arrived at in a spirit of co-operation and to ensure that each individual's voice is heard in the decision making process.
• Ensure that the working file is kept in line with the Files and Record Keeping Policy.
• Celebrate social occasions and other events that occur during the year.
• Ensure that supports are utilised in a way that facilitates individuals to participate in educational and recreational activities of their choice.
• To take responsibility for a designated centre or centres (where applicable) and ensure compliance with HIQA standards. Take responsibility for delegated duties to ensure compliance with HIQA
• As a Person In Charge (where applicable), ensure all necessary reports and notifiable events are communicated to HIQA and Senior Management.
• As required assist individuals with budgeting, banking and management of their personal finances, ensuring individuals monies are accounted for and recorded as appropriate.
This Job Description is intended as a basic guide to the scope and responsibilities of the position, it is subject to regular review and amendment as necessary.
Short listing of applications may apply, canvassing will disqualify. Panels may be formed as a result of the interview process. Candidates who are placed on a panel will be considered for subsequent vacancies, for a period of up to one year, for this grade.
- The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer -
Social care worker nursing jobs hse intellectual disabilities
Ennis County Clare Ireland
Jobs in Ennis County Clare Ireland
Social Care Worker - Ennis jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.