Shannex Incorporated Halifax Canada
1 month ago
If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Director of Clinical Practice to join our Corporate Team based in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
• Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire) including an... Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Access to virtual healthcare 24/7 for FREE through the group health benefit plan
• RRSP program (5% employer matching)
• Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
• Beautiful location with free onsite parking, easily commutable from city to suburbs
• Access to thousands of vendors offering perks and discounts through our WorkPerks program, including excellent discounts for apparel, restaurants, technology, fitness, travel, and sports and entertainment events
• Access to thousands of perks vendors and discounts through our WorkPerks program, including excellent discounts for apparel, restaurants, technology, fitness, travel and tickets to sports and entertainment events
• Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
• Additional paid training for formal education and designation opportunities
• Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
• Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
Our team members who work directly with our residents every day are the foundation of what we do. As the most senior clinical practice leader in the organization, you are first and foremost relentlessly focused on front-line interactions between our team members and residents. You know that quality care and clinical outcomes happen in front-line interactions, supported by accessible, evidence-based best practices. You are as comfortable on the floor in a high-quality clinical environment as you are deriving strategic priorities and you are accountable for the delivery of both.
• Develop strong, collaborative relationships with clinical leaders and front-line teams in each of our communities;
• Lead all discussions and decisions in care matters at an organizational level that have direct influence in the provision of care every day;
• Advance the development of clinical governance systems and processes that support and empower our clinical teams and manage clinical risk;
• Direct the outcomes, KPIs and actions resulting from our clinical performance and quality monitoring systems;
• Lead a team of front line focused clinical practice leaders and educators who understand that success is measured in front line clinical outcomes;
• Develop and sustain practical approaches to the ongoing delivery of clinical education to the front line and measuring compliance with same;
• Provide leadership and oversight for all clinical aspects of regulatory compliance and Accreditation;
• Build and own the organization's relationships with key trusted partners including primary care providers, medical advisors, pharmacists, and professional colleges;
• Engage the organization in clinical research, innovation and technology investments that advance the care we provide and support the nursing teams in their daily responsibilities.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
• As a minimum, you hold a Bachelor of Nursing degree;
• You are currently registered with the College of Nurses of Nova Scotia, with eligibility for licensure in each of the three provinces where we operate, including Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario;
• You have at least 10 years of progressive experience in health care, 5 years in a leadership role;
• You are an exceptional people leader with a demonstrated track record of leading in a matrixed environment, where accountability and delivery of results is paramount;
• You are focused on and have experience leading rapid cycles of continuous quality improvement;
• You are a creative, innovative leader and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment;
• You are motivated by innovations in care driven by the use of new and emerging technologies and are capable of swift yet thoughtful decision-making and execution in this area.
• Regular travel to our communities across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario is required.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Director of Clinical Practice Halifax jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.