WEL1014WELS Atlanta GA Georgia
3 weeks ago
Role and Responsibilities
· Maintain appropriate clinical standards. Follows the policy and procedures as written in the company Policy and Procedure Manual, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
· Build strong positive communication with physicians and other providers and works as a team to enhance the success of the practice.
· Administer appropriate high-quality, patient-focused health care while recognizing the patient’s individual rights; Act as patient advocate and aid patients in their right to be informed and to participate in making decisions in all aspects of their medical care and treatment; initiate a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by physician, including patient and family instruction; ensure that all aspects of care have respect for personal values and beliefs, and is focused on the individual needs of each patient.
· Protects patient confidentiality while conversing with patient in person or via telephone and ensures private health information is protected and secure at all times. Ensures that private health information is screened and not left in plain sight.
· Maintain all clinical documentation, including, but not limited to Narcotics Sales Logs, Medication Sales Logs, in house Prescription filing, and proper disposal of sensitive information. This, and any other pertinent documentation is to be kept up to date for compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
· Accurately, efficiently, and completely document all clinical patient care data on both paper charts and EMR as required.
· Utilize all equipment, supplies, facilities, and resources of the company in a prudent and efficient manner. Restock supplies and medications as needed.
· Participate in department quality improvement activities, staff educational programs; attend departmental meetings; and demonstrate and maintain clinical competency in the delivery of patient care services in accordance with company guidelines.
· Responsible for HIPPA compliance training and other regulatory training and compliance.
Ensures patient worker’s comp statuses created accurately and sent to appropriate facility for occupational medicine services
· Respond to and/or refer patient and pharmacy phone consultations, documenting appropriately in EMR.
· Offers and fills appropriate medications accurately in house as prescribed by physician.
· Accepting payments for medications, in house services for self-pay patients, or other balances that have been determined.
· Perform other duties that may be assigned as necessary. Ensure maintenance of Scope of Practice.
· Makes copies of all X-rays for patients with imaging studies.
· Scans in all pertinent documents related to patients’ chart and patient’s continuance of care.
· Regularly keeps track of medication stock and keeps clinic stocked with appropriate medications.
· Maintains a medication sales average as directed for each shift worked.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· One-year medical office experience preferred, but not required
· Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
· Willingness to travel to surrounding clinics to support
• Required to work 12 hours shifts, weekends and holidays
• Required to sit, walk, reach with hands and arms throughout workday
• Finger dexterity and hand coordination required
• Occasionally required to lift moderate weight (20-40 pounds)
• Specific vision abilities required including close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus
Are you interested in this job? Please apply from Salary.com
Job ID: j202211091849525714423
Recommended Job Skills: Compliance Management, Facility Maintenance & Coordination
Average Estimate Salary for an Unit Secretary - PSR (East Division): $41,229 to $57,424
This data is calculated using netizen feedback data. To get the most accurate number for your company jobs in your locations, use our subscription products: https://www.salary.com/companalyst
Atlanta GA USA
Unit Secretary - PSR (East Division) Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.