ABB Norway Norway
1 month ago
Service and Commissioning Engineer – Power Systems – Marine & PortsTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Marine & Ports is driving the transition towards a sustainable future. To successfully be the partner our costumers choose to work with, we need to ensure sustainability both in our solutions and in our organization from a business perspective. Our customers increasingly seek solutions that provide greater efficiency, safety and reliability and prepare vessels for operations of today and tomorrow. This makes the transition even more exciting, as this... also drives us to constantly challenge our technology, solutions, and the way we operate.
ABB Marine & Ports Norway is expanding its team with a new position for Marine Power Systems Service and Commissioning worldwide!
This position reports to
Field Service Manager
• Commissioning and Service of ABB Marine delivered Electrical Power system worldwide. Including but not limited to: High Voltage Switchboards; Onboard Power Plant networks; Power Management Systems; Protection Relays; Generators; AVR; UPS systems; Functionality testing; System integration; Customer approval testing.
• Service and Support on ABB Marine delivered systems on vessels worldwide.
• College / University (Bachelor) / Technical College.
• Willingness and possibilities to travel.
• Must be fluent in both written and verbal English.
• Experience within electrical power and/or automation systems onboard ships will be an advantage but not an absolute requirement.
• If you have experience as a ship electrician or have experience from shipyards, understanding and interest in marine installations that would be an advantage.
• Newly graduates are also encouraged to apply!
• The ability to understand and find practical solutions to problems.
• Initiative and cooperative, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to perform tasks under pressure.
• Good understanding of marine systems.
• Your attitude is as important for us as your track record. Fluent English is a demand as well as cultural awareness and mutual respect - we have an international workplace and business where we have colleagues and customers with diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
More about us
As your employer, ABB can offer:
• Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment.
• Rotational work based on project schedules or long-term outplacement.
• Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers.
• Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization with future career opportunities.
• Professional growth.
• Various company benefits.
For any questions regarding the position please contact Øyvind Bergene, phone +47 913 90 775.
Please apply latest by the 20th of April 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application letter (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.
Publication ID: NO81110690_E4
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.
Before applying, please read our Fraud Warning.
Close the popup
No locations found
Service and Commissioning Engineer – Power Systems – Marine & Ports Norway jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.