Biffa Waste Services
Biffa Waste Services Taunton United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management
A quick look at the role.
To manage 16 HWRC operations in Somerset, to ensure that they comply with legislative, statutory and Company requirements and that they meet and exceed agreed Business Plans and Budgets /Forecasts.
To assume full operational responsibility for the Somerset Household Recycling Contract & associated . To ensure at all times the contract is operated in accordance with statutory legislation, environmental obligations and Company procedures.
Why it’s an... opportunity not to be wasted.
• To plan, organise and manage operations in a safe environment at all designated operating centres.
• Assist in other areas of the Company’s activities as required from time to time.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with the Contract Management team, the Clients, Regulators and any other bodies with immediate or potential contact with the company.
• Remain fully conversant with waste industry technology, legislation and commercial pressures and development as they affect the Company, report and comment on how these may be used to the advantage of the Company.
• Maintain and train staff in line with Company Training Matrix.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with Clients, Customers and Members of the public.
• Align performance to the annual budget set by the Head of Contrat Operations for the Facilities and manage and monitor monthly performance in line with the budget.
• Provide a safe and efficient environment ensuring that Health & Safety is complied with at all times and that all Company procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure all planned and un-planned maintenance is co-ordinated through the Engineering Team to deliver optimum operational availability.
• To ensure that the agreed level of appropriate monitoring, analysis, recording and reporting is undertaken and appropriate corrective actions implemented.
• To ensure suitable and efficient utilisation of resources to deliver operational performance and availability.
• Plan and control daily operations through the efficient use of staff.
• To carry out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews (PAR’s) of all direct reports.
• To lead, direct and motivate all staff to ensure excellent customer service whilst maximising recycling performance.
• Ensure that the recycling centres operated within Somerset meet or exceed customer requirements.
• To operate Plant in compliance with the Environmental Permit, Consent to Discharge, Site Working Plan and Planning Permission.
• Where applicable to provide the necessary quality material together with all required supporting documentation to facilitate sale of materials.
• To ensure Plant is maintained and repaired to agreed Company and Legislative standards and performance (PPM).
• To ensure that all sites are safely operated with suitably trained staff.
• The job holder must ensure that internal and external customer service levels are met in an efficient, profitable, safe and healthy manner
• To manage road transport and site operations to legislative and company requirements.
Here’s what we require:
• Operation of HWRCs and Transfer Station operations including materials handling equipment
• Road transport regulations
• Financial Awareness
• Extensive knowledge of the legal & Health & Safety requirements relating to managing recycling centres, transfer stations and transport operations
• Extensive knowledge of existing and proposed legislation affecting managing local authority contracts and road transport.
• Budgetary Management
• Ability to operate under pressure
• Good written and numerical skills, IT literate and highly credible
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop employees and to manage them in an effective manner
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to negotiate and close deals at every level
• Sound commercial and business skills at high level gained through extensive exposure to the market
• Organisation and control of road transport operations
• IOSH Managing Safely
• COTC Transfer Operations
• CPC Managing road haulage
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
• Competitive salary
• Car or allowance
• Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
• Generous pension scheme.
• Medical and dental scheme.
• Retail and leisure discounts.
• Holiday and travel discounts.
• Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn
Jobs in Taunton United Kingdom
HWRC Business Manager Taunton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.