VMware Bern Switzerland
3 weeks ago
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s exciting Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the Tanzu brand. Our mission is to catalyse Enterprise Transformation through Software. We help our customers Build, Run and Manage their Applications and Infrastructure with the goal of delivering better Software to production, continuously. Our Tanzu portfolio simplifies operating Kubernetes and modern Applications across clouds, while freeing developers to ship software faster. We are passionate about enabling Development and Operations teams to work together in new ways that deliver transformative business results.
We are looking for Senior Director, Tanzu Sales who will own responsibility for our CEMEA Sales force. As a leader who is comfortable operating in a matrixed environment, is hands on, decisive and intent on shaping an organisation, you will leverage a variety of... skill sets that can enable the organisation to reach hyper-growth. You will have a strong entrepreneurial background and proven track record of achieving bookings, targets and building high performance sales teams. The successful candidate will be required to engage clients at the most senior levels (Board & CXO) and must therefore be able to display a presence, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to forge long lasting customer relationships.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
• Within 30 days, understanding and supporting an incredible sales team focused on the Tanzu offering. You will be bringing innovative thinking to support the team and meet the horizon direction of Application Modernization and Developer Experience. You will be creating and sharing ideas with your peers and broader ecosystem to support and grow the business
• Within 60 days, creating a model for sustainable growth, developing the activity that supports healthy pipeline and delivers our targets. You will be meeting customers and supporting the development of customer centric value propositions that will transform a customer’s business. You will be in the field supporting and coaching account executives
• Within 90 days, you will be creating and supporting a team culture of execution, purpose, innovative thinking, diversity & inclusiveness as well as customer centricity. You will be facilitating community and helping to develop plans for account directors to support their future direction
• You will be a key part of the EMEA leadership team, facilitating collaborative engagements between partners and customers to support greater revenue streams. Help bring a strategy focus and best practices to support sustainable growth. Influencing and aligning resources to support your team and your business to achieve greater outcomes
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
• Be the front-line executive, building, developing and managing a sales team, taking responsibility for driving new business and developing the territory
• Design and implement competitive strategies based on past practice and knowledge of effective sales methodologies whilst creating and implementing a sales strategy aligning with regional and overall CEMEA business direction to meet set sales targets within given deadlines
• Regular two-way communication and review with sales staff regarding their account strategies, forecasts, methodologies and support them through customer engagements
• Establish and position Tanzu as a thought leader in these areas and drive team collaboration with internal resources such as technical, marketing, and professional services to support customer needs, sales strategy, and overall business growth
• Influence strategy, engagement, channel, and customer interactions at a director level across the business
• Facilitate collaborative engagements between partners and customers to drive incremental revenue, strong relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction whilst maintaining alignment with the business direction
• Leverage VMware’s core sales teams and partner network to accelerate go-to-market for the specialist solution sets
• Coach and drive the use of Value Selling sales methodologies including VMware sales tools and process as amended from time to time, to communicate, report, track and manage sales opportunities
• Represent the company at conferences and networking events to deliver corporate and value proposals to build customer relations
• Coach and develop the team on continual improvement to achieve and exceed quotas and bookings
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The Hiring Manager for this role is the VP EMEA Tanzu, Frederik Bijlsma. Frederik is seasoned executive go to market leader with 23 year experience driving exponential revenue growth business in the IT industry. Frederik is skilled in using data and experience to drive high-level organizational strategic ability to effectively develop and manage multi-tier teams of high performing leaders and front-line sales and customer success committed to employee relations, customer relationships and driving bottom line success in emerging technologies.
Where is this role located?
The role is considered flexible and will be a mix of working from a local VMware office and remote depending on your preferences and the arrangements determined with your future manager. You will be expected to live within a reasonable non-daily commute of the office. We are looking for candidates based in the CEMEA region, preferrably in Germany, or Switzerland.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
• Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
• Generous Time Off Programs
• 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
• Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behaviour challenges, or developmental disabilities
• Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
• Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2023-03-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law
Bern Switzerland (+1 other)
Senior Director, CEMEA Sales - Tanzu - Opportunity for Working... Bern jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.