Zurich Insurance London United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Engineer Surveyor, Pressure Systems (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: Central London
So what’s it all about:
At Zurich, our Engineer Surveyor workforce is central to our continued success, being the ‘Face of Zurich’ to our large and varied client base. You’ll find a fully flexible offering that means you can manage your own diary to service your own client area. This will allow you to broker and develop your relationships whilst representing Zurich Engineering.
No two days will ever be the same, as you’ll work in a variety of interesting environments and you will have control over your own work/life balance, as we believe our people are what makes us successful.
Our Engineer Surveyor roles allow you to develop your engineering skills further and work for a market-leading engineering inspection provider.
Zurich Engineering is looking to expand our highly skilled, field-based, Engineer Surveyor team, and we currently have a vaca ncy for the Central London area for a... Pressure Systems Eng ineer Surveyor.
What will I be doing?
You’ll start with our industry-leading, bespoke training and move swiftly to carrying out hands-on statutory inspections, providing your expert opinion on a wide range of equipment, enabling our clients to comply with all relevant legislation and to the exacting standards both we and our clients demand. Following your inspection, we’ll need you to report back using a rugged laptop, and then issue electronically to our clients, so good IT skills and high levels of literacy are required. You will be an excellent communicator, and confident in your ability to make sound engineering judgements.
What skills/qualifications will I have?
You will be an experienced engineer with a sound knowledge of your engineering discipline and be part of our multi-disciplined inspection team within your geographic area. You will report to a Team Manager and be based from home, with your client base a reasonable travelling distance from your home.
Because this role is SAFEd governed, we need you to ideally have obtained:
• A Level 4 qualification (HND / HNC etc.) in a relevant engineering field, support is available to allow you to achieve IEng status whilst working as we want to help you gain professional membership.
• You will have completed, either a time served or Modern Apprenticeship
• Hands-on experience in a relevant engineering discipline
• A background in working with Pressure, Compressed air & Steam Equipment, to carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment.
• A full valid UK driving licence.
• Be willing and able to work paid overtime.
• Competitive salary, up to £52,444 depending on experience. This is reviewed annually.
• Annual bonus of up to 11%, depending on Business area performance.
• London Allowance - £3200
• Fully expensed company car – with an option to upgrade.
• 12% pension contribution
• Life cover
• Income protection
• Virtual GP
• 33 days holiday per year including statutory holidays, with an option to buy and sell more if needed – plus 3 volunteering days
• Share-save scheme
• Free Flu jab
• A comprehensive Flexible benefits plan, including, Health Care, Dental Care, Childcare Vouchers, Health screening, Retail Vouchers, Discounted gadget insurance etc.
In addition to the above Zurich offer a wide range of other benefits including flexible working, shared parental leave, company wellbeing programme and much more.
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us
Engineer Surveyor - Pressure Systems: Central London (Part-Time... jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.