City of Winnipeg
City of Winnipeg Winnipeg Canada
3 weeks ago
Senior Project Engineer
Division: Engineering Services
Department: Water and Waste
Designated Work Location: 1199 Pacific Avenue, Hybrid
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: $3,250.38 - $4,375.73 bi-weekly (Grade 5)
Posting No: 123341
Closing Date: May 11, 2023
Providing a wide range of services to over half of all Manitobans, The City of Winnipeg is one of the largest employers in Manitoba. We provide a comprehensive range of benefits and career opportunities to our employees. These include competitive salaries, employer-paid benefits, dental and vision care, pension plans, and maternity/parental leave programs. Additionally, we offer education, training, and staff development opportunities to ensure that our employees are equipped with the necessary skills to advance in their careers.
Our Benefits web page provides detailed information about the benefits we offer, and we encourage you to visit it for further information at City of Winnipeg Benefits . We... take pride in fostering a , diverse , safe, and healthy workplace where our employees can thrive and achieve their full potential.
Flexible work arrangements, which may include flexible hours, remote work, or a hybrid of remote work may be available; subject to review and approval. Please note that Employees who are approved to work remotely are responsible for and must demonstrate that they are available to return to their Designated Work Location and/or other work location to attend meetings or attend other tasks that occur in person.
The City is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse skilled workforce that is representative and reflective of the community we serve. Applications are encouraged from equity groups that have been and continue to be underrepresented at the City; Indigenous Peoples, Women, Racialized Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQQIA+ Peoples and Newcomers are encouraged to self-declare.
Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.
Preference to internal applicants may be applied.
Under the direction of the Branch Head, Water Planning and Project Delivery, the Senior Project Engineer is responsible for capital projects and engineering studies related to the upgrading and expansion of the water supply, treatment and distribution systems.
As The Senior Project Engineeryou Will
• Administer capital projects in accordance with the City of Winnipeg Project Management Manual.
• Develop business cases for future capital projects.
• Develop procurement documents using the appropriate City of Winnipeg templates.
• Administer capital budgets and expenditures.
• Administer project schedules.
• Administer human resources.
• Acquire goods and services from external organizations.
• Coordinate project execution and approvals.
• Disseminate and receive project information.
• Obtain required approvals/ permits/ licenses from other City and Provincial Departments, as required.
• Ensure compliance with Worker’s Compensation Legislation, Human Rights Legislation, safety regulations and safe work practices.
• Perform other related duties consistent with the classification, as assigned.
Your Education And Qualifications Include
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
• Seven years of experience in a field directly related to the duties of the position.
• Demonstrated experience in project management processes and procedures, including project accounting and cost management, scheduling, resource management, risk management, dispute avoidance and dispute resolution.
• Demonstrated experience in municipal infrastructure, construction and operations, including water treatment process operations, distribution, and servicing.
• Demonstrated experience with construction materials, methods and practices, including job site safety.
• Familiarity with relevant municipal government policies and procedures, including purchasing policies, and legal and contractual requirements.
• Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple time constraints and prioritize workloads.
• Demonstrated technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including leadership and the ability to work in teams, facilitate teambuilding, conduct meetings and possess strong negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to provide direction effectively and efficiently in the planning and scheduling of work.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
• Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards, safety precautions, regulations and procedures that are applicable to the area of work.
Conditions Of Employment
• The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
• Professional Engineer designation and registered with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (E.G.M.)
• A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
How To Apply
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
• Current resume AND Application Form (Required).
• Cover letter.
• Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.
• Your application documents must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications of the position.*
Online applications can be submitted in PeopleSoft through the Careers tile on the Employee Self Service homepage.
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Employee Group: W.A.P.S.O.
Position Reports To: Branch Head – Water Planning & Project Delivery
• Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of this position.
• The successful applicant may be required to provide a vehicle for transportation while on City business, subject to the terms and conditions of the City Transportation Policy.
• The successful applicant will be required to provide a Notice of Driver’s Licence In Force document upon request.
• The successful applicant will be required to complete job specific training required for this position as directed.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Senior Project Engineer (Water Planning) Winnipeg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.