Strathcona County Sherwood Park Canada
3 weeks ago
This posting is for multiple full-time temporary seasonal positions for up to 5 months
Strathcona County is a dynamic and successful community, located in Alberta's Capital Region. Water and Wastewater owns and operates water, wastewater and storm water systems within Sherwood Park and nine hamlets in the county. The Water and Wastewater Labour supports the operational needs of the Utilities department and will be assigned to the Collection and Distribution Branch.
• Assist with uni-directional mainline flushing and hydrant repair and maintenance
• Complete valve operation and maintenance
• Provide flusher-vacuum truck assistance and provide assistance in sewer back-up response
• Perform the removal, repair and replacement of water meters
• Perform closed-circuit television inspections
• Assist operators in all typical day-to-day duties
• May also be required to perform grass cutting, painting, lift station cleaning, facility cleaning, confine space entry support... support during repairs and maintenance support during system inspections
Skills and Abilities
• Must display consistency in being punctual, responsible, and dependable
• Must support a safe work culture including the incorporation of safe work practices in daily work
• Must be able to work effectively with others
• Must be able to work alone or independently without regular supervision in safety sensitive environments
• Must be capable of operating ½ ton and 1-ton trucks and vans ; should be familiar with hauling a trailer
• Must be comfortable working in outdoor environments for extended periods of time as well as working in and with sanitary systems
• Is required to display the mechanical aptitude and the physical capabilities to work with pumps, motors, valves, small engine equipment, and other water and sanitary system equipment as well as comfortable working with hand and power tools safely
• Must display strong communication skills including being capable of carrying out both verbal and written instruction as well as be able to produce and maintain accurate and legible written records
• Should possess basic computer skills and mobile device literacy
• Must be comfortable working within confined and restricted spaces in both water and wastewater environments. Confined space entries may require the use of supplied air equipment.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime and undertake various shifts as required
• Must have completed Grade 12 diploma
• Water and Wastewater Technician program (completed or in progress) or equivalent would be considered an asset
• Related field experience would be considered an asset
Conditions of Employment
• Submission of Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a 5-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
• Ability to perform physical labour as part of the job duties and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resume
Sherwood Park AB
Water & Wastewater Labourer, AUPE Sherwood Park jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.