Probe UK United Kingdom United Kingdom
4 weeks ago
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide design engineering capability to engineering activities/projects assigned to client’s design engineering centre. You will ideally have some exposure / knowledge of hydraulics specifically. The right candidate will also have proven experience of whole system design, not simply parts of a system. Salary, Hours, and Benefits- £40,000 - £45,000, negotiable, dependant on experience
• 8:30am - 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 2:00pm finish on Friday’s (flexibility on start and finish is available)
• Life Assurance, x2 of salary
• Employee rewards portal
• Cycle to Work scheme Commutable From: Birmingham, Leicester, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Tamworth Mechanical Design Engineer Candidate Requirements
• The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have some exposure to machines that use hydraulics or hydraulics design specifically.
• Whole system design experience, not just components or part of the system.
• HND or suitable mechanical... engineering design experience. A Degree would be ideal but isn’t essential.
• Experience of 3D CAD design. Pro-Engineer experience would be preferred, but other 3D experience will be considered.
• Have a hands-on approach to engineering design and development.
• Any heavy engineering / vehicle type of experience and interest would be advantageous.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Excellent technical aptitude.
• Previous experience of engineering projects/activities.
• Planning and priority setting.
• Working knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems would be a big advantage. Mechanical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities
• You will support the generation and delivery of concept and manufacturing design definitions, based on technical specifications, requirements, costs and other constraints.
• Support the conceptual development for new products.
• Participate in maintaining relevant engineering processes and procedures.
• Supporting the identification of business opportunities.
• Problem-solving on existing products and product improvement.
• Support the evaluation of technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions.
• Support assigned projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan and budget.
• Working alongside the customer on product development ensuring delivery of solutions to meet the customer’s requirements.
• Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, developing skills and capabilities, and giving support to others as required.
• Actively participate in business unit improvement activities. Our aim is to help you secure the best possible future for yourself & this is a totally FREE service to all our Candidates. If you believe that your skills and experience match what we are looking for please call me or submit your CV by clicking APPLY and I will be in touch. Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Mechanical Design Engineer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.