Gersh Academy International
Gersh Academy International Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
3 weeks ago
Student Aides will provide support to Gersh Academy’s Educational Team by facilitating the delivery of physical and digital materials to and from the students and monitoring student behavior at the receiving site (school, home, therapy center, etc). Student Aides act as an educator surrogate by facilitating lesson plans, monitoring student behavior, aiding students in said tasks, and completing administrative paperwork (i.e., attendance, excessive absence forms, discipline referrals, textbook inventory, monthly reports). These tasks will be done in person at the student’s location.
Assist Gersh Academy in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks such as:
• Arrive on time at the workplace
• Aiding the students in daily lessons and activities
• Actively monitor students throughout the instructional period.
• Alert Gersh to the special needs of individual students.
• Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and... conduct.
• Monitor students to ensure time on task.
• Ability to communicate with Educational Team and or Coordinators using e-mail, Microsoft Teams, and phone.
• Report technical problems.
• Record and report attendance issues (i.e., excessive absenteeism, tardiness, unavailability to perform class at the student’s location).
• Prepare physical and digital folders.
• Facilitate behavior referrals.
• Maintain a log of facilitated materials and assignments sent/received, each dated.
• Schedule alternative communication methods.
• Complete and return monthly statistics report to Distance Learning Teacher and Coordinator.
• Perform related work as required.
• Clean materials and equipment before and after use.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND REQUIREMENTS:
• General knowledge of the practices, methods, and techniques used in classroom teaching
• Ability to maintain confidential files and information to compile reports based on HIPAA and ADA standards
• Ability to deal effectively with students and teachers
• Candidates need to have the proper Distance Learning equipment as suggested by Microsoft Teams (see attachment)
• Ability to use Distance Learning instructional equipment
• Ability to operate standard Microsoft Office 365, TEAMS, and data processing equipment
• Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office, word processing, database, and spreadsheet documents, email, and web pages
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the rest of Gersh’s workforce, students, and associates.
• Reliable transportation to get to and from worksite or student’s location
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Experience in working with Special Education students. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Significant sitting, some walking, moving to demonstrate activities virtually, good vision, and hearing via an earpiece. Able to sustain PPE gear for prolonged periods of time while working in the tropics and Puerto Rico weather, sometimes without the privilege of working in A/C rooms.
Tipo de puesto: Medio tiempo
Salario: $15.00 la hora
Consideraciones ante el COVID-19:
Interviews will be conducted in Video-call format.
• Associate (Deseable)
• Special education: 1 año (Deseable)
• Autism: 1 año (Deseable)
• Special Needs: 1 año (Deseable)
• Spanish (Obligatorio)
• English (Deseable)
• Driver's License (Deseable)
Disponibilidad de turnos:
• Turno diurno (Obligatorio)
Lugar de trabajo: Empleo presencial
Jobs in Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
Special Education Student Aide (Autism) Home Service Puerto Rico jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.