RWS Group South Africa South Africa
4 weeks ago
📣RWS Group is urgently recruiting and looking for experienced freelance Swati linguists with a sound knowledge of English language
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for experienced Swati linguists with a sound knowledge of English to join our resource pool for an exciting translation/review project. Successful candidates will be responsible for translating and performing linguistic quality assessment (LQA) reviews for English – Swati
• Performing high quality translations for English-Swati to be used for further linguistic evaluations
• Ensuring the content adheres to a defined set of quality criteria and meets the client´s requirements
• Evaluating previously translated content and providing insightful comments on the quality as well as categorizing linguistic issues
• Following instructions or feedback from the project management and quality teams
• Native speaker of Swati language with native knowledge of the writing system and educated in Swati... language
• Advanced English level (equivalent to C1-C2)
• Degree in Translation/Linguistics strongly preferred, otherwise at least 3 years of translation experience in English into Swati language
• Proven experience as a reviewer, including the ability to provide well-reasoned linguistic arguments in English
• Preferably academic or professional experience in an English-speaking country
Should you meet all the requirements and interested, please take the following steps in this order:
• E-mail our points of contact Neus Alboquers at [email protected] / Maggi Qi at [email protected]
RWS Holdings plc is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com.
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism, and determination to never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human touch
As a company focused on connecting people through language, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and we are committed in ensuring that all employees work in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination and one that actively promotes teamwork, diversity and trust. All employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. RWS operate in a manner for the inclusion of all - any form of discrimination is expressly prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital status, gender identity or disability are taken into consideration.
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination this is against RWS company policy, and we will adhere to the highest standard.
Every RWS story starts with an application and our aim is to ensure every applicant has a world-class experience at every step. We are an equal opportunity employer where we promote diversity and inclusion and our assessment process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and fit to our values. When you apply for a role at RWS, anywhere in the world, we want you to have the opportunity to understand who we are, what we do for our clients and to meet with people who will inspire you and answer your questions. At no stage will RWS ask an applicant to pay for any aspect of your assessment, on-boarding or training
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
FREELANCE Swati Translators/Reviewers South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.