WestJet Saskatoon Canada
3 weeks ago
Employment Type: Full-time Regular
City: Saskatoon, SK (YXE)
Posting Open Date: 05/01/2023
Posting Close Date: 05/31/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST)
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
WestJet is currently searching for capable and talented individuals for the role of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer at our Saskatoon facility. WestJet AME’s are responsible for the safe and efficient daily maintenance on our fleet of aircraft. The Technical Operations team at WestJet is made up of the best technical and maintenance personnel in the airline industry. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are ambitious, hard-working and serious about their jobs. The people of Technical Operations have an eye... for detail and safety, and for keeping their jobs fun and exciting. AME’s at WestJet have the skills and the integrity to ensure that all our guests fly in the safety and comfort anywhere in WestJet's world.
Desired personal skills:
• A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to effectively communicate with others;
• Strong troubleshooting and time management skills;
• The ability to make safe / sound decisions, while following documented polices / procedures;
• A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise;
• The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them;
• Carry out daily tasks/duties as assigned by AMLs & ICLs, this includes working furnishings, mechanical, avionics, and structures as needed;
• A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety-oriented atmosphere;
• Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities under extreme pressure;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Strong computer skills using various Maintenance programs and Microsoft Office Applications.
• Possession of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License (M2 rating) required;
• Proven technical aptitude with a minimum 2 years’ experience and/or endorsed on Boeing 737 and/or 787 and/or Q400, or equivalent type of aircraft preferred;
• Broad range of experience including electrical, navigation, and flight controls is required;
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as, climb, kneel, and crawl frequently in tight spaces;
• Must be medically fit to wear all safety equipment including (but not limited to) respirator apparatus;
• Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada;
• Must be able to obtain a Driver’s Airside License – to do so you must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract;
• Flexibility to work shift work and overtime;
• Must be able to travel when required, i.e.; base coverage and/or rescue trips;
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check;
• An ability to meet all conditions of employment:
• Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada;
• Ability to obtain an AVOP;
• Post offer employment test to test physical ability and fit for position;
• A criminal background check;
• As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test.
• This position may be eligible for relocation support.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
• A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
• Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
• Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer YXE Saskatoon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.