KF Aerospace Vancouver Canada
3 weeks ago
We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial, and military customers worldwide. Launched over 52 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
WE’RE GROWING ON THE WEST COAST!
Location: YVR Airport - 3611 Jericho Road, Richmond BC, Canada V7B 1M3
Come deliver the KF experience in Vancouver and beyond. We’re seeking new recruits to join our growing team at the world class, award-winning Vancouver International Airport (YVR), where work-life harmony is unmatched.
IT’S YOUR CAREER. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!
We have exciting opportunities for a full-time permanent Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Mechanical –... AME-M in Richmond, BC. Our YVR facility supports line and scheduled maintenance on our own fleet of Convair 580 and B737NG aircraft as well as customer Boeing 737NG, 737MAX, & 757 aircraft.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (Mechanical) perform heavy maintenance, repairs, and modifications and are expected to be able to demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency and perform the following functions:
• Display thorough working knowledge of aircraft systems on multiple aircraft including
• Air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical
• generation, oxygen, fuel, pneumatics
• Engage in basic trouble shooting on assigned tasks
• Aircraft servicing and operations
• Complete daily inspections
• Receive and depart aircraft
• Familiarity with the functional operation of the aircraft and perform run ups from right seat
• Perform independent critical and non-critical systems checks (i.e., oxygen, fuel, batteries)
• Safely operate all ground equipment
• Towing aircraft – able to perform all positions
• Complete basic inspection tasks
• Inspection of aircraft in accordance with service bulletins, airworthiness directives and aircraft manuals
• Inspection and assessment of aircraft components and airframe including engines, landing gear, flight controls, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic systems to locate defects or other problems in accordance with appropriate documents
• Aircraft maintenance and repair
• Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
• Source appropriate tooling, test equipment or ground support equipment
• Maintain engines and components including fuel systems, anti-ice, ignition, fire extinguishing, exhaust, oil, and engine indicating systems
• Maintain aircraft systems and components including landing gear, airframe fuel, hydraulic and high pressure pneumatic, flight control, cabin environment, ice/rain protection, fire protection/detection, and doors/interiors and emergency equipment
• Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components
• Ability to measure cable tension and adjust control cables
• Measure parts for wear, using precision instruments if required
• Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components, and accessories
• Carry out operational tests of engines and aircraft systems
• Ability to provide solutions for defects while carrying out repairs
• Source appropriate calibrated tooling for the jobs
Documentation & Administration
· Ensures appropriate documentation is completed accurately and on time and submitted to a senior Technician or Shift Lead for ACA approval
· Sources required technical information in maintenance manuals
· Ability to complete ERP processes and procedures correctly
· Clear logbook snags
Applying safe work practices in all job duties, including:
· Wearing all appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
· Understanding and applying the Risk Management System
· Understanding and applying Health & Safety Policies
· Maintaining good housekeeping and cleanliness standards
· Understanding and applying safe handling practices with the aircraft
Certification & Experience
·Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) License and minimum 2 years experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large transport category aircraft; or
·Equivalent license from foreign country (would be considered unlicensed in Canada) and minimum 5 years of experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large transport category aircraft; or
·Unlicensed mechanics are expected to have the willingness and qualifications to obtain a Transport Canada license within 1 year.
·Experience working on Boeing 737 and 757 series of aircraft required, Transport Canada recognized type course training is preferred.
·Radio Operator’s License
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic
· Willing to take initiative
· Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to learn and understand KF organizational systems and workflow
· Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Able to effectively train apprentices
· Ability to accept constructive criticism
· Basic computer skills and familiarity with Intranet
· Willing to pursue additional company training as required
HOURS OF WORK
· Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
· Flexibility to work any type of shift
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
Transport Canada Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (with at least 2 years of experience) earn an hourly wage starting at $33.35 up to $40.21 plus additional ACA pay with room to grow into Senior and Shift Lead roles.
There is a $4/hr base premium provided for employees working at our YVR base.
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
· Health and Dental
· Short & Long-Term Disability
· Health Spending Account
· Paid vacation and Personal time off
· The opportunity to bank overtime
· Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
· Employee & Family Assistance Program
· Free financial advice
· Uniform allowance
· A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the AME-M position at kfaero.ca/careers today!
Positions are located in Richmond, British Columbia
142-3611 Jericho Road, Richmond BC, V7B 1M3
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME - Mechanical) Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.