GOAL Turkey Aleppo Syria
1 month ago
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced households.
The Deputy Nutrition Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation, and reporting of GOAL’s nutrition activities in Northern Aleppo, supported by the Nutrition Manager in Idleb. The Deputy Nutrition Manager will be responsible for the nutrition intervention in N... Aleppo and ensure coordination, planning, monitoring and management of program activities. The Deputy Nutrition Manger will be responsible for day-to-day programme implementation and for ensuring that the programme effectively and efficiently achieves its objectives in accordance with GOAL’s guidelines and principles and donor requirements. This will involve working with different support departments in GOAL to ensure timely and effective monitoring and evaluation of nutrition program activities and impact.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
Program Planning and Implementation
• By actively coordinate with Nutrition PM and Deputy Program Coordinator Caring out the necessary coordination activities with humanitarian actors and programme stakeholders in GOAL areas of operation to coordinate GOAL planned activities and avoid potential overlapping. Carry out the necessary activities on community sensitization, include Local councils and Beneficiaries on program objectives, plans, nutrition product distributions, targeting criteria and other related program matters in line with the Nutrition cluster recommendation, country context and participant feedback.
• Contribute to defining the needs and selection of GOAL areas of intervention and setting GOAL targets in areas of operation in line with GOAL Nutrition Strategy and nutrition cluster data on needs and gaps.
• Follow up and support GOAL /Partners beneficiary selection and verification implementation activities, including monitoring of GOAL beneficiary list and management of referral pathways for nutrition in timely manner with the Nutrition Manager.
• Contribute to the design of nutrition activities including the roll out of family MUAC approach, distribution of supplementary nutrition products, and MIYCN-E (Maternal and Infant and Young Child Nutrition in Emergencies) behaviour change communication. Ensuring all activities are in line by coordinate with the Nutrition PM.
• Develop detailed work plans for GOAL/Partner projects in line with the objectives, ensuring that those activities are implemented, and any expected delays and / or modifications are communicated and raised in a timely manner with the Nutrition Manager.
• Actively coordinate, design and promote the integration of nutrition within other GOAL programmes as appropriate e.g. food security, WASH, livelihoods, emergency, shelter, etc.
• Regular field visits to work locations to directly monitor quality of nutrition activities, ensuring clear feedback is provided to field staff and / or partners on necessary changes or improvements required to ensure project activities meet stated objectives and deliver maximum benefit to targeted beneficiaries.
• Collaborate with the relevant support the Partnership Team in North Aleppo to provide support to GOAL partners working on nutrition to ensure partner activities are in line with GOAL processes and requirements by coordinate with the Nutrition PM.
• Collaborate with the relevant support departments, Logistics, Finance and HR to ensure smooth implementation by coordinate with the Deputy Program Coordinator.
• Liaise with the Nutrition Manager and procurement department in Syria to ensure that there are no delays in procuring and delivering to the field site materials/services needed for the nutrition program.
• Coordinate with the MEAL team to ensure the implementation of appropriate MEAL and programme management tools and systems as well as on-going community feedback mechanisms by coordinate with the Nutrition PM.
• Improve the quality of services provided through support and supervision of key staff, analysis and dissemination of lessons learnt, and review of GOAL and other best practice guidelines.
• Direct management of GOAL staff assigned to nutrition program, ensuring that all staff have clearly defined job descriptions, work plans and understand their responsibilities.
• Provide nutrition training as required to the nutrition team and other program teams in the interest in promoting integration.
• Ensure that policies and guidelines as laid down in GOAL manuals and policies are always adhered to.
• Ensure adherence to GOAL’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy and standards of integrity, as well as uphold GOAL’s whistleblowing mechanisms.
• Ensure adherence to the financial guidelines as per the GOAL Financial Manual.
• Ensure compliance against all donor requirements, including timely quality reporting, as applicable to the project.
• Contribute to the production of guidance, Programme and implementation SOPs and outreach materials as appropriate.
• Other related tasks at the request of the Nutrition Manager and Deputy Program Coordinator.
Documentation and Reporting
• Support the Nutrition Program Manager by track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
• Maintain files and archives of nutrition program support documentation, including Beneficiaries registration, distribution, activities, and reconciliation records.
• Routine data analysis to report on trends, identify challenges to service delivery, and report.
• identify issues, recommendations, and action plans to improve the quality of services; Send weekly report to Nutrition Manager
• Submit reports on completed tasks as requested by the Nutrition Manger.
• Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement (PRFs), supply chain (transfer of materials)
• Record and promptly disseminate minutes for Local councils, staff, and other meetings.
• Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings, and workshops for project staff.
• Bachelor’s degree or intermediate institute in relevant field (nutrition, health, pharmacy, or related relevant degrees) or At least Fourth year university student
• Experience of working in Syria NGOs at least 5 Years) public health sector), knowledge of Aleppo or Idleb context.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience at leading or managing a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills with the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds.
• Demonstrable experience in capacity building and training.
• Good skills in MS Office suite (Word, Excel)
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
• Prefer to have experience of project cycle management.
• Project management, planning, and financial management experience is advantage.
• Good communication skills (written, spoken), including writing skills in English and Arabic
• At least 2 years' work experience in a nutrition intervention.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 07th May 2023.
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.
"يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عدم الاستجابه
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
• Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to the safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
• Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
• Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this ongoing commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
General terms and conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deputy Nutrition Program Manager - Internal Only- Syria - Northern... Aleppo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.