Solidarités International Syria Syria
4 weeks ago
• Job number: SRH05350
• Domaine de competence: Regional Coordination / Head of Mission
• Statut: Salarié
• Type de poste: Overseas missions
• Country: Syria
• Contract Type: Short term contract
Desired start date: 15/07/2023
Duration of the mission: HSK Base - Syria
Location: HSK Base - Syria
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, since more than 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their basic needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly committed to the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, SI's interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in some twenty countries, the SI teams – 2500 people in total, made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at... HQ, and a few volunteers - intervene with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultural norms.
About the mission
Type and content of program:
In Northeast Syria (NES), SI works in two areas. Hassakeh Governorate is one of these two, with a dedicated base to implement large amount of activities and program. Indeed, the strategy has evolved to keep up with the new needs and best respond to the vulnerabilities of the area.
Programs currently being implemented include a variety of response, from the very first emergency (covering basic needs of displaced households through emergency WASH, shelter and cash programs) to more sustainable response (rehabilitation of water stations and systems, rehabilitation of schools, etc). Hassakeh base also implements highly integrated programs, and developed referral systems with health, protection and nutrition actors, enabling SI so provide continuity in the support provided to vulnerable people.
In the coming months, SI plans to strengthen further its integrated programming.
Mission: size, bases, budget, number of expatriates and national staffs:
There are 3 implementing bases in Syria, 2 located in NES, with the coordination in Amman. The total financial volume of the mission 29 million USD (ongoing grants, signed contracts, forecasted). The mission reaches a number of 31 expatriates and 285 national employees. Raqqa Base represents 8 million EUR (ongoing grants, signed contracts, forecasted). The base counts 8 expats and 106 national employees.
About the job
• Ensure the quality framework of the projects is respected.
• Ensure coordination with partners.
• Strengthen the integrated approaches/synergies initiated within the components of SI intervention, and the new sectors recently opened.
• Launch technical assessments to reinforce the strategy.
Specific stakes and challenges
• One of the main challenges is related to management as the Hassakeh programmatic strategy is dense with a large number of sectors and voluminous grants.
• Ensure coherence and synergies of various projects.
• Ensure programmatic internal and external coordination.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
• Ensure coordination with other partners (Health, Protection, Nutrition etc.)
• Support the development of livelihood activities (relatively new sector for the base)
• Support the implementation of the new projects (BHA, CDCS, etc.)
• Provide support and capacity building to PMs (planning, OFU, etc.)
• Support integration of the different sectors on the base and mainstreaming of protection and accountability questions.
Responsibilities and main activities:
• Programs’s quality and monitoring
• Institutional knowledge building
• Reporting / communication / representation
• Team management
Education / academic background:
• A degree related to International Relations and/or Project Management would be an advantage.
• A background in FSL would be an advantage.
• A minimum of 4 years of field experience in humanitarian relief and/or development programs.
• Previous experience in managing an expatriate team is highly appreciated.
• Previous experience in coordination and representation is a must.
• Previous experience in challenging, insecure areas is a must.
• Previous experience in the Middle East is appreciated.
• Previous experience in proposal and report writing is a must.
• Previous experience in RRM is an advantage.
• Previous experience in FSL is an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
• Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Google Earth)
• A good listener with very well-developed diplomatic skills
• Flexible and resourceful
• Solution-oriented management
SI Will Offer you
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1980 euros gross per month (1800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month.
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked > i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The candidate will be based in Hasakeh. Hasakeh requires quite strict security rules, but with some opportunities to socialize, go out. Living conditions are comfortable. The candidate will have his/her own room, and well-equipped common areas.
The perdiem rate for NES is 700 USD a month.
Specific constraints related to security:
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? If yes, please send us your CV and cover letter!
Please note that CV-only applications will not be considered, and that the vacancy may close before the deadline.
Thank you for your understanding.
To learn more about Sl: www.solidarites.org
Champs libre 2
Syria – Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs (M/F) – HSK Base jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.