Adecco London United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Client Local: Authority in Croydon
Job Title: Project Officer-Asset Planning
Pay Rate Rates: £28 per hour PAYE - UMBRELLA options available
Hours: 36 Hours a week (Mon-Fri)
Duration: 3-12 Month Fixed term contract
Location: Bernard Weatherill House,Croydon. Will be required in the office full time for the first two weeks, after which can work from home 2-3 days per week.
We are looking for an experienced project officer to work within the housing asset planning team. As part of the asset planning team and working with the Delivery Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for the innovative planning of works to be undertaken to our housing assets.
The post holder will need to demonstrate a pro-active and flexible approach to work including the ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision, to work as part of a team, to problem solve, have excellent interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills and able to liaise with a variety of internal and external... stakeholders. The post is full time on a Fixed Term Basis from 3 - 12 months.
The successful candidate will have relevant industry experience and have a thorough knowledge of construction project management, contract administration, building surveying and the operation of building contracts, supported by substantial proven experience in the planning and delivery of projects in complex environments and organisations.
Assist with the active financial management of smaller projects.
▪ Liaise with SCPP to ensure that comprehensive financial information is made available to provide the evidence base for all commissioning decisions
▪ Raise orders for various activities and seek authorisation from budget holders
▪ Ensure project costs are monitored for accurate expenditure monitoring and reporting
• Be aware of the Safeguarding policy and report any possible cases to the appropriate council officers.
▪ Contribute to the options appraisal process.
▪ Implement and maintain a document control regime
▪ Responsible for high level project reporting and communicating risk/issues to project lead as necessary.
▪ Contribute to the decision making for future programmes of build work through research of products, materials and innovative build techniques currently in the construction field.
• Manage projects using a range of tools and techniques.
▪ Prepare, review and update a range of project documents, including design of project plans, project initiation documents, business cases and implementation strategies
• Ensure that relevant project boards are able to maintain an overview of their project and to sign off and authorise successive stages of the project
• Maintain project documentation and information using a range of tools and techniques including corporate programme office.
• Submit planning applications and liaise with planning officers to understand local policies and requirements, and to hold preapplication discussions and negotiations
Essential Knowledge And Experience
• An understanding of project management techniques and an understanding of project stages and life cycles, and processes such as financial and budget management or business case development and/or
• An understanding of commissioning Experience of assisting in the management of programmes or projects
• Experience of the public sector; social housing or asset management would be an advantage
• Experience of writing accurate and concise reports, letters, summarise and publicity material
• Prince2 practitioner qualification or equivalent
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Project Officer - Social Housing London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.