Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils Ipswich United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
• Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils - Sudbury, CO10 2TR
• £22,369 to £25,409 per annum (pro rata for part time)
• Full Time, 37 hours per week
Full time, part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Sheltered Housing Officer predominantly to work in Sudbury to join our team in Tenant services. To be successful, you will share our values , commitment, and motivation to make a difference for our residents, clients, and communities.
About The Role
You will carry out a range of housing related support duties for residents of sheltered housing schemes, including:
• Welfare calls to residents, identifying and arranging additional support if required.
• Respond in an emergency to residents.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
• Complete support plans.
• Weekly and monthly Health and Safety inspections/checks.
• Report any safeguarding issues.
You will ensure that the council policies... procedures and risk assessments are strictly adhered to.
Reporting to the Sheltered Housing Manager, you will have day to day responsibility for the cleaning staff.
We are looking for a dedicated person who is organised, able to manage a varied and sometimes challenging workload and can communicate well, showing empathy and compassion.
You will need to have the following:
• A relevant qualification at NVQ 2 or Equivalent knowledge gained through experience.
• Basic First Aid Certificate.
• Knowledge of the needs of older people and an awareness of Safeguarding issues.
• IT skills, with considerable experience of Microsoft Office package including Microsoft Excel and Teams.
• An awareness of health and safety matters.
• A current driving license.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
• Great opportunities for learning and development.
• Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership.
• Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
• Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Wellbeing Support Program.
• Employee Assist Program.
• Health Care Options.
For more information, visit our Employee Benefits page (suffolkjobsdirect.org) and view ' The best things about working for Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils (youtube) ' to find out what our employees say about working for us.
Our ways of working
Work is what we do, not where we go! We are committed to working in a more Hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote based working (Business needs permitting). This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with.
We are committed to supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
For more information
If you wish to discuss the hybrid working approach for this role, or for an informal discussion, please contact Donna Williams on 07860 827863.
Closing date: 5pm, 25 May 2023.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Sheltered Housing Officer - JD and PS before applying for this job opportunity.
Please ensure that you complete the application form as fully as possible with your employment and educational history as shortlisting will be based upon the application form and supporting statement only.
In your application, please ensure your statement indicates how you meet each of the criteria in the ‘Person Profile’ section of the Job Description/Person Specification.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
How to apply
Step 1 - read the advert and the Job Description and Person Specification (JD and PS).
Step 2 - complete the Supporting Statement template
Step 3 - complete the online application and upload your statement.
Your statement needs to indicate how you meet the criteria in the ‘Person specification ’ section of the (JD and PS)
Your statement should:
• Be no more than 2 sides of A4
• use the template provided (other formats will not be accepted)
• be uploaded on your online application, as without this, your interest will not be progressed
Jobs in Ipswich United Kingdom
Sheltered Housing Officer Ipswich jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.