International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee Dakar Cameroon
4 weeks ago
Requisition ID: req38498
Job Title: Employee Relations Partner - West Africa
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Are you passionate about the potential of applying positive Employee Relations practices, to have a meaningful impact in a humanitarian organization? This role sits within Global Employee Relations. This role upholds safe work environments through collaboration with HR colleagues in support of positive employee relations objectives, as well as in-depth and confidential review of critical allegations. As Employee Relations Partner you will lead the full lifecycle of workplace reviews, and act as a trusted advisor to guide and equip HR colleagues in timely and consistent resolution of workplace issues. Using your HR knowledge and experience, you will recommend sound corrective actions and opportunities for improvement on complex behavioral... issues. An understanding of laws, regulations, concepts and standard methodologies, ability to establish trust, credibility, best judgment, and cultural proficiency is essential for success in this exciting role. This role has global scope, with focus on the West Africa region.
• Conduct multiple thorough, fair, and timely reviews and assessments of complex ER issues in a fast-paced environment, including intake meetings, background research, interviews, and de-brief meetings with various partners.
• Provide direction and partner with Country Program leadership and HR colleagues on a range of workplace matters.
• Prepare case overview summaries, findings, recommendations and final reports, written clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with compelling presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions to IRC Leadership
• Prepare and finalize reports in English that are clearly and well written with appropriate presentation of facts, analysis, and conclusions, and in accordance with IRC guidelines.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of laws, regulations, concepts, and practices applicable to workplace reviews and assessments, and all aspects of employment, and provide consultation and advice to a variety of partners, as needed.
• Establish trustful and supportive professional relationships, engaging with diverse partners in the US and global context. Discern systemic issues revealed during the investigative process.
• Develop and deliver education programs and trainings designed to proactively address employee relations issues, promote standard methodology and improve compliance.
• Build capacity of HR colleagues in the management of employee relations reviews and assessments. Develop and lead interactive training in virtual and in-person settings.
• Passion for IRC's humanitarian mission!
• 6-8 years related experience in Human Resources, Employee Relations or as a Workplace Investigator, preferably in an in-house environment, including experience conducting employee relations reviews and providing guidance on complex and sometimes urgent employee relations issues.
• Experience with management of highly critical information, and ability to maintain confidentiality, including legal and financial information.
• Proven track record of interacting respectfully with people from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures, and communicating effectively across multiple levels in a sophisticated global organization.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Management of multiple work demands with minimum supervision in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a multifaceted, cross-functional distributed team structure.
• Ability to determine own operating priorities, provide advice and develop recommendations, and implement plans, drawing upon knowledge and past experience when navigating complex issues.
• Ability to remain respectful, appreciative, and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations and conversations surrounding reviews and assessments.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to anticipate and identify legal issues.
• Excellent judgement and discretion.
• Proven organizational skills, with attention to detail, and a confirmed ability to prioritize and track reviews, assessments and initiatives across multiple teams and functions.
• Flexible work demeanor while being focused and reliable in an environment of multiple time zones and frequently changing demands in global context.
• Commitment to personal growth and development, and a willingness to regularly receive and act on performance feedback in pursuit of continuous professional growth.
Preferred experience & skills:
• Fluency in English and either French, Arabic or Spanish.
• Knowledge of challenges in the humanitarian sector in the West Africa region and beyond.
• Experience in workplace safeguarding.
This role requires working remotely fulltime or in a hybrid model, and willingness to travel to IRC sites of operation as needed. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work during regularly scheduled work hours.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Respect at Work, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Dakar Senegal (+2 others)
Employee Relations Partner - West Africa Dakar jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.