Qualtrics Seattle WA United States
3 weeks ago
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like... building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
The DICE - DS (DICE = Data Intelligence Center for Excellence - Data Science) sits at the junction of data innovation at Qualtrics and the core needs of our customers. We collaborate extensively with the ML science and platform teams, Customer Success, and Industry vertical teams (especially healthcare). We have face time with customers to drive a direct line between our data and intelligence capabilities and customer pain. We work on problems that scale to impact many clients and drive Qualtrics to new capabilities. We seek individuals who thrive in a changing, open-ended environment, applying a full suite of data science skills to whatever the next significant problem might be.
The data scientist will take on not-well-defined problems, often defined as business questions rather than data science questions. These problems will often require the development of new data assets or working cross-teams to develop new processes and help transform Qualtrics to be more data-centric. We continually raise the bar by delivering value to our customers from their (and our) data. The team's time is apportioned between supporting the needs of key verticals (especially healthcare, government, or finance) and strategically important internal and external stakeholders. A candidate with industry experience in one of these verticals is a plus.
This data scientist position will own and drive problems to solutions that comprise rigor, time to complete, cost, and sustainability. This is done with strong support from the direct team (DICE-Data Science), and the umbrella team (DICE = Data Intelligence Center for Excellence). Support includes research guidance, methodology, strategy, trade-offs, tooling, and other resources. The data scientist will impact the core ideas and exchanges with R&D peers in the org. Within this context, autonomy and ownership are highly encouraged.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• PhD-level statistics and/or a strong record of computational/data-centric research, with peer-reviewed publications displaying innovative thought and data usage.
• Some industry experience or a strong display of aptitude and interest in applied work. This includes a demonstrated ability to get hands dirty with data and intuition around how to best extract value from it.
• General data science skills, including coding, applied statistics, visualization, etc.
• High motivation and aptitude for cross-team and client communication, with exceptional EQ. The ability to effectively listen, gain trust, and work with others is a must in this role.
• Brings a specific core technical/methodological strength to our team and can help drive our work with that added perspective (e.g., causal inference; econometrics; clinical experimental design; data engineering; time series analysis)
The ability to consistently delight customers and extract key insights from data is also a key success marker for this role.
The base pay range for this position in the US is $118.0k - $218.0k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, education, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be included in an employment offer, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and other benefits, based on eligibility criteria
Seattle WA USA
Jobs in Seattle WA United States
Data Scientist - DICE Seattle jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.