Air Products Trexlertown PA United States
4 weeks ago
Job Description And Qualifications
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse and most profitable industrial gas company in the world...
Reimagine What’s Possible
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for the position of a Sr. Eng. Associate, Process Controls in our Green Hydrogen Product Line at our Global Headquarters in Allentown, PA, United States.
Air Products is a world leader in industrial gas production, separation, purification, and distribution. With our recently announced flagship Blue and Green Hydrogen projects, Air Products has become a leader providing solutions to the world’s energy transition needs. We have enjoyed a long and successful history developing and implementing technologies for complex gas synthesis, separation, purification and liquefaction using a variety of techniques, including water electrolysis, steam methane reforming, gasification, autothermal reforming, ammonia, CO2 capture, hydrocarbon cryogenic distillation, hydrogen and helium liquefiers, etc.
The Green Hydrogen Product Line is responsible for developing large-scale hydrogen production units based on water electrolysis using renewable power resources. The Green Hydrogen Product Line is responsible for competitively productizing process technology offerings, developing comprehensive project proposals encompassing scope, schedule, cost and risks, designing the process cycles and selecting the most appropriate technologies, delivering P&IDs, and devising overall process control schemes meeting customer or project requirements in the Green Hydrogen space. Our work is an important factor contributing to winning bids leading to the detailed design and execution of projects.
• Deliver all objectives safely and achieve 100% compliance with safety requirements.
• Develop process controls execution strategies in conjunction with overall project development team during the bid phase.
• Be responsible and accountable for the Process Controls scope of the entire facility for proposals and front-end engineering, focusing on control strategy, architecture, and optimization.
• Collaborate with various internal functions in the product line, engineering, technology, and Operations Excellence departments.
• Support the development of functional specs.
• Support the configuration and testing of the overall control system on different test beds.
• Selection and evaluation of vendors and technologies for both hardware and software in accordance with company and industry standards
• Be responsible and accountable for developing the engineering and execution strategies for large main automation contractor or multi-engineering center based self-executed Process Controls projects.
• Participate in P&ID development, Operability and Hazard Reviews and define control systems reliability, operability, and availability plans.
• Serve as SME and Support the designing and implementation of both SCADA/EMS system during the delivery (EPC) phase.
• Support the control systems FAT, IFAT, SAT, start-up, and commissioning.
• Support product development activities where your goal will be competitiveness by reducing installed capital cost or reducing the project engineering hours.
• Domestic and international travel to customer locations and plant sites is estimated to be up to 25% of the time.
Minimum requirements and qualifications
• BS in Chemical, Controls, Electrical, or Computer Engineering with at least 20 years of applicable work experience, having supported bids/proposals and Pre-FEED work.
• Knowledge of Power System Operations concepts
• Knowledge of power system protection
• Knowledge of industrial networking, Security and Firewalls
• Extensive experience with both Hydrogen and Power projects is a must!
• Working experience for a major control systems or automation vendor is a plus.
• Working experience with at least two out of the following three types of companies is a strong plus: owner, EPC, and technology provider.
• Experience developing control applications with Siemens PCS7 and Step7 and Moore APACS and Moore Quadlog
• Additional experience with other controls platforms a plus
• A strong product development approach
• You will need to demonstrate technical competence, communicate optimally, and be a self-motivated team player with a willingness to take on accountability.
The Senior Engineering Associate, Process Controls position is an expert-level experienced individual contributor role. The successful candidate will be providing FEL0/FEL1/FEL2/FEED engineering support, which could include supporting an in-house product development or self-execution design & engineering team or supporting an outside licensor/EPC engineering design firm.
You will also provide support for upgrading/modifying and maintaining existing product and plant assets. In addition, we are looking for energetic people with a positive attitude and a strong initiative and a sense of project ownership.
We are the world’s largest hydrogen producer with over 80 years of industrial gas experience. We are hydrogen experts delivering safe, end-to-end solutions, investing in real, clean energy projects at scale, and driving the industry forward to generate a cleaner future.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at [email protected] . General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division
EPC Functions & PGPL
Trexlertown PA USA
Jobs in Trexlertown PA United States
SENIOR ENGINEER ASSOCIATE - PROCESS CONTROLS Trexlertown jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.