Profile Food Ingredients
Profile Food Ingredients Lincoln RI United States
2 weeks ago
Annual Pay Range - $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 DOE
Benefits, upon satisfaction of applicable eligibility requirements, include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, Employer paid life insurance, STD/LTD, vacation/sick days/parental leave, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, and pension...
As a Research Scientist, you will play a key role in the application development and technical service functions for our sustainable packaging coating solutions. You will provide critical application support to help direct our innovation team to develop coating systems which meet the needs of our customers in the paper and packaging market. Responsibilities and duties will include maintain a complete understanding of company food contact packaging coating line and their technical attributes. Play a key role in developing applications methods/guidelines for food packaging coating products. Provide application support and guidance in new product development. Assist in customization of commercial formulas based for application and creation of technical literature. Stay abreast of food packaging coating trends and developments in new technologies. Build a reputation for customer-focused creativity by delivering new ideas and coating solutions.
We offer Great Benefits with a Pension Plan
We take work-life balance seriously! Great atmosphere and flexible schedules.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree, minimum. M.S. Degree paper/packaging technology, chemistry, polymer science or chemical engineering preferred
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the food grade packaging or paper coating industry
• Knowledge and experience working with paper coating equipment and processes
• Candidates should possess in-depth knowledge of printing/coating processes including their capabilities and limitations (Flexo, Gravure, Rod Coating, Spray and Size Presses)
• Knowledge of testing used in food grade packaging
• Candidates should possess in-depth knowledge ofpaper and packaging coating applications/testing/formulation development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency: MS Office, Work, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Must be able to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Understanding of chemical process scale-up and process chemistry
- Ability to work and manage external resources such as universities and consultants
- Ability to manage and participate in cross-functional teams
- Be able to travel approximately 33% to customers and industry trade shows
- Work with new product development team to develop and commercialize packaging coatings
- Communicate adaptations required to assure our coating systems meet the standards and expectations of our potential and existing customers
- Develop relationships with external partners such as universities, consultants, and potential joint ventures
- Attend field trials of our coatings at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot customer problems with the use of our coating formulations
- Complete testing to validate new and revised formulations, production parameters and packaging processes
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to accomplish goals
- Contribute to the successful commercialization of new products
- Assist in the development and writing of product specifications for product information sheets
- Must be able to travel up to 33% for customer visits and trade shows
- Be a contributing member of the development team
Some standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing and pulling. Ability to lift 30lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Mantrose Group is a world leader in specialty coatings and functional blends for the food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. Founded more than 100 years ago, Mantrose is proud to be part of RPM International Inc., a $5.6 billion multinational company with 14,600 employees worldwide and subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services. The company has a diverse portfolio with hundreds of name-brand products, many of which are leaders in the markets they serve.
Mantrose-Haeuser Co., Inc. has been at the forefront of developing superior edible coatings and specialty products for the pharmaceutical, confectionery, agricultural, food, personal care and industrial industries for decades. Since our company was founded over 100 years ago, we have been delivering unparalleled results to our clients for all of their coating and custom product development needs.
NatureSeal® both an industry veteran and fresh-cut produce pioneer, has been a leading expert in shelf-life extension technology worldwide. Our patented line of products has grown exponentially, offering produce solutions to the processor, foodservice and home use markets.
Profile Food Ingredients offers a wide range of specialty product formulations for use in dairy products, baked goods, beverages, confections, nutraceuticals, dips, dressings and sauces. Its product line promotes uniformity, enhances texture, thickens, prevents separation and extends shelf life and includes clean label, non-GMO, organic and natural solutions.
Since 1946, Holton Food Products has been helping its customers succeed by providing quality ingredients, customized product development and technical support—all fueled by strong food science and applications experience. This dedication and know-how has enabled our customers to build appealing product lines, increase sales and improve margins.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Professional development assistance
• Referral program
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Bachelor's (Required)
• packaging or coatings development: 3 years (Required)
• Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Lincoln RI USA
Jobs in Lincoln RI United States
Research Scientist Lincoln jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.