Bank Street BIA
Bank Street BIA Ottawa Canada
3 weeks ago
Position: Marketing Assistant | Full-Time 35 hours at $16.50/ hour | 16 weeks
Company: Bank Street BIA
The Bank Street Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a 21-block shopping district and
community, between Wellington and Catherine Street, that strives to make the area cleaner,
safer, and more vibrant. The Bank Street BIA is leading a new spirit of cooperation among
property owners, businesses, and the community by providing a range of programs including
maintenance, marketing, economic vitality, and physical improvements.
The Bank Street BIA is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled candidate for the position of
Marketing Assistant. Through this opportunity, a qualified candidate can build a broad skill set
and gain hands-on experience supporting local businesses and the community.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the successful candidate will be a consistently friendly,
outgoing professional with a positive, proactive attitude capable of juggling a... varied and diverse
Task and Responsibilities:
● Reach out to businesses (by phone, email)
● Assist with communications to Taste Ottawa members, supporters and suppliers
● Record and report on the success of recruitment activities
● Assist with social media and website content development
● Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office by aiding correspondence for the offices, such as emails, packages, and phone calls
● Coordinate the supply of office and events merchandise
● Supports the team by performing tasks related to organization and administrative functions Manage data related to members, vendor relationships and other partnerships
● Ensuring availability to help colleagues and employees where necessary
● Assist with special projects and assignments and participate in all activities carried forth by the BIA
● Assist with advertising for special events, promotions, and planning of events as needed
● Record and report on the success of the promotional/ recruitment activity
● Compile feedback from event participants
● Other duties as assigned
● This position will report to the Executive Director and work under the supervision of the Assistant Director
● 32 hours per week for 16 weeks
● Attendance at team meetings
● Attendance at events - the day of, and possibly the night prior and/or the day following, depending on set-up and take-down requirements
● Participation in post-event debriefs, typically scheduled to take place within one month following the event
● Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete tasks and assignments with minimum supervision and within specific time frames
● Excellent customer service skills
● Ability to work as a team member towards a common goal
● Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal with the public, staff, and outside groups.
● Attention to detail to submit work or send communications without error
● Flexible, self-motivated and eager to lead and complete a wide variety of tasks.
● Experience with different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
● Client Service Oriented
● Candidate must be able to handle information of a sensitive matter, such as confidential sponsor and artist information and records
● Must be able to speak effectively before groups and interact constructively and well with others
● Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
● Proficiency in MS Office
● Knowledge of Airtable and CANVA is considered an asset
● Proven experience as an Administrative assistant or Office admin assistant
● Display a degree of marketing or event coordination skills
● Administrative or Business Management: 1 year (preferred)
● Customer Service or Support: 1 year (preferred)
● Social Media or Digital Marketing: an asset
● The Assistant(s) will often lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and be must able to stand for long periods of time.
● A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive a personal vehicle during the festival is an asset but not required
The Assistant(s) will be based primarily at the Bank Street BIA office located at 176 Gloucester Street, with travel to various venues. Assignments may be indoors or outdoors. Weekends and some evenings will be required. There will be the option to work remotely on occasion.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Marketing Assistant Ottawa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.